Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had planned on enrolling onto an Access course this year, however I was unsure as to what to study. Eventually, I decided on Art and Design but now I feel it was the wrong course. I am unable to change now and would have to wait until next year to study the course I'd want to do.

I'd be 23 at this time and would be 24 if I decided to enrol at university in 2017. I am worried that I would be much older than the current students and fear that this might impact on my studies. Also, I am possibly interested in a Computing degree, however I realise this requires a lot of Maths. If I decide to go onto University and study this, I would likely need to study a Foundation degree which would be four years instead of three. Because of this, I would likely leave university at the age of 28 with a degree, six/several years older than many of the students who are leaving at 21/22.

Alternatively, I could already go to university in 2016, however the reason I have not done so is due to being unsure about what I would want to study. I have the qualifications to study there, although not in a Computing subject which is something I have considered about doing.

I would appreciate any advice that can be offered in respect of my predicament.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.