Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

im a 16 year old girl, 17 in a month. i went to my cousins 18th birthday party a week ago, and i didnt know anyone except my cousins, one of her friends also didnt know anyone apart from her, and so we started talking. I ended up asking him to text me as I want to study what he is studying at university. we then continued talking every day the past week, and he said that he likes me, and wants to date. However my cousins parents and his parents want them to date, and i think that my cousin likes him. He is turning 20 in december, and so there is a 3 year age gap between us, and he is in university, which is hard for us to meet.

I feel something for him, we have fun when we talk and he makes me feel special

Shall i date him, and risk hurting people we know so that we are happy or should i end it and stay alone? He is the first person who has made me feel special and not just for sex

ReputationRep:
    I always feel suspicious when i notice people your age entering relationships.
    I'm sure you're infatuated and think he's great fun, but a relationship is built upon things much more complex than that.
    The distance will probably eventually irritate you and it is a very painful experience when you miss somebody who is far away from you.

Be very careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I feel something for him, we have fun when we talk and he makes me feel special
    Considering your age and his, this line is funny and scary at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    i really wouldn't worry about the age difference, was the same for me and my bf and we've been together nearly 2 years. I think you might struggle being apart though as the distance would make things much harder.... don't worry about other people though, if he wants to be with you why does it matter

ReputationRep:
    My boryfriend turns 21 next Friday, I am 17. I think it is completely fine, just make sure you feel safe and happy that's all that matters x

ReputationRep:
    hi can I ask if you are asian
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You're at two different stages of life, you're both better off finding someone your own ages.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he just wants your virginity?

ReputationRep:
    I met my boyfriend when I was in sixth form and he was in uni, there's a six year age gap between us. We were long distance for a whole year. I've now moved to his city to study at uni. We see each other pretty much everyday.

Forget what people say about the age gap, and if you can sustain a LDR then great, go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Limpopo)
    Maybe he just wants your virginity?
    i am not a virgin- he knows

after not speaking all day, as he ignored me yesterday, i asked him whether or not we were working, and he said "nah", when i asked what that meant he said that my love for him was puppy, and the age gap would be difficult. I replied to him saying i never said i loved him, we only met a week ago, and never been on a date.I really like this guy and i want him to take me back, as even he said we have potential, what can i do to get him back? going to meet him at his uni is too far so that is not an option

ReputationRep:
    after not speaking all day, as he ignored me yesterday, i asked him whether or not we were working, and he said "nah", when i asked what that meant he said that my love for him was puppy, and the age gap would be difficult. I replied to him saying i never said i loved him, we only met a week ago, and never been on a date.I really like this guy and i want him to take me back, as even he said we have potential, what can i do to get him back? going to meet him at his uni is too far so that is not an option
    Leave it and find someone else. If he doesn't like you there isn't much you can do. You're already quite young in his eyes and 'trying to get him back' will reinforce this puppy love idea and make you seem even more immature. Better to just accept it and move on

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Leave it and find someone else. If he doesn't like you there isn't much you can do. You're already quite young in his eyes and 'trying to get him back' will reinforce this puppy love idea and make you seem even more immature. Better to just accept it and move on
    i cant move on, this was going to be my first proper relationship, and i really really want it with him. He even said at the party he had a good time talking to me and couldnt keep his eyes off me all night, except he was too scared to ask fir my number.....

ReputationRep:
    i cant move on, this was going to be my first proper relationship, and i really really want it with him. He even said at the party he had a good time talking to me and couldnt keep his eyes off me all night, except he was too scared to ask fir my number.....
    ^^^ this is what I mean. You're infatuated like a kid, and he's not interested in that. 'This WAS going to be' your first proper relationship, but it wasn't a proper relationship and it won't ever be, so unfortunately you need to drop it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    ^^^ this is what I mean. You're infatuated like a kid, and he's not interested in that. 'This WAS going to be' your first proper relationship, but it wasn't a proper relationship and it won't ever be, so unfortunately you need to drop it
    Hahhahahahaha this comment made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ive spoken to him after not speakinh for a few days, and he said that even though he does like me, he has been hurt my both previous girlfriends, and so does not want to get into a relationship, even though he wants to date me in the future. His last relaitonship ended a year ago and they were together for 3 years

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.