Turn on thread page Beta

Wrong details on m DBS check(my own mistake) help needed ASAP watch

Announcements

I don't know what to do and don't know where to post this.

Basically, I did a DBS check through my college and without thinking(I was rushing) I put the wrong place of birth on the online application.

I wrote Warsaw(the capital of Poland) as my place of birth in stead of Wroclaw(the town I was actually born in).

As a result of this I am stuck on what to do, I spoke to m college about this and they are not certain about what to do.

I have phoned the DBS people up and the person I have spoke to said that I should apply for a whole new one. what that person said confused me.

Since my DBS is already on the electronic system, I am wondering if they could just easily change it for me? is that not possible.

Will this cause any legal issue or other issues to do with employment as my passport says a different thing from my DBS certificate?

Any help will be appreciated as I just feel hopeless right now.

claireestelle

Do you know any info about my op.

Bump.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    I don't know what to do and don't know where to post this.

Basically, I did a DBS check through my college and without thinking(I was rushing) I put the wrong place of birth on the online application.

I wrote Warsaw(the capital of Poland) as my place of birth in stead of Wroclaw(the town I was actually born in).

As a result of this I am stuck on what to do, I spoke to m college about this and they are not certain about what to do.

I have phoned the DBS people up and the person I have spoke to said that I should apply for a whole new one. what that person said confused me.

Since my DBS is already on the electronic system, I am wondering if they could just easily change it for me? is that not possible.

Will this cause any legal issue or other issues to do with employment as my passport says a different thing from my DBS certificate?

Any help will be appreciated as I just feel hopeless right now.
    I think you would need to do a new application as they wont be able to do all the checks if your details are incorrect

(Original post by claireestelle)
    I think you would need to do a new application as they wont be able to do all the checks if your details are incorrect
    If I was to do a whole new application, what would happen to my old one? will my old one get deleted and replaced with the new one.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.