Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The USA Has now thankfully abolished death for minors (since 2005) but there are still kids as young as 13 receiving life without parole is this not just as bad at 13 you are a different person to who you are at say 20 or 21 while I a agree a 13 year old murdrer should get a long sentence like 20 or 21 years but to make a judgment before they are fully formed thats pretty crud in my mind. so yeah should minors get life means life or not
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Birchington I move that this thread be moved/closed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehistorybore)
    Birchington I move that this thread be moved/closed?
    I second this
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If the member of the public were to submit a petition to call teh government to apply diplomatic pressure onto the United States to stop this I'm sure the house woudl enjoy such a debate. Until such a point I agree that this thread shoudl be closed as it contributes nothing
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    The USA Has now thankfully abolished death for minors (since 2005) but there are still kids as young as 13 receiving life without parole is this not just as bad at 13 you are a different person to who you are at say 20 or 21 while I a agree a 13 year old murdrer should get a long sentence like 20 or 21 years but to make a judgment before they are fully formed thats pretty crud in my mind. so yeah should minors get life means life or not
    Thanks for your contribution to the MHoC. I have closed this thread as it is not clear what point this thread actually makes.

In future, you are welcome to post a petition or even join a party and contribute to writing a bill on this topic. Head here for more info on joining the MHoC.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.