Turn on thread page Beta

Ugh yesterday was the worst. I was supposed to have a Spanish speaking exam for GCSE, which I did not prepare for at all until only two days before.
    As I take two GCSE MFLs (French and Spanish) I always do my writing and speaking exams two weeks after everyone else. for some reason.

ANYWAY, I went into the room, started talking and simply forgot everything. My teacher was sympathetic and said I could come back at the end of the day which I did and once again I ****ed up and asked for the task sheet in English 20 seconds in. My teacher looked at me and I just broke down. I knew it was my fault that I hadn't revised but I had so much else to do.

I went outside as someone else had to do their speaking and the head of french (whom I know well) tried to comfort me. I do very well in languages get consistent A/A* in writing and speaking exams and she felt sorry for me so plead my case. At this point I really needed to go home, so my spanish teacher said we'll talk on Monday. So here I am trying to memorise this speaking and worrying.

What do you guys think will happen? Do you think I have a third chance or that I'll just fail this speaking exam?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest this happened to me with German. Ugh I hate thinking about it but here's what happened to me..

Similar situation.. Literally EVERY controlled assessment before my last speaking one had been an A* and for this one I just went blank. I couldn't think of what I had to say, and because I couldn't I got even more panicky and things just went from bad to worse. Anyway I bs'ed and got given a B for that one.

My teacher offered me a redo several weeks later (which I was an idiot not to take) and so I ended up with an overall A

Your teacher might offer you something similar which I HIGHLY recommend you take. Don't do what I did!

And don't fret too much You can still get an A/A* I'm sure

(Original post by Student403)
    To be honest this happened to me with German. Ugh I hate thinking about it but here's what happened to me..

Similar situation.. Literally EVERY controlled assessment before my last speaking one had been an A* and for this one I just went blank. I couldn't think of what I had to say, and because I couldn't I got even more panicky and things just went from bad to worse. Anyway I bs'ed and got given a B for that one.

My teacher offered me a redo several weeks later (which I was an idiot not to take) and so I ended up with an overall A

Your teacher might offer you something similar which I HIGHLY recommend you take. Don't do what I did!

And don't fret too much You can still get an A/A* I'm sure
    Thanks for that! What I think I might do is say, we can do it after I do my french speaking exam which my french teacher will set on Tuesday, hopefully my spanish teacher will agree...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Thanks for that! What I think I might do is say, we can do it after I do my french speaking exam which my french teacher will set on Tuesday, hopefully my spanish teacher will agree...
    Go for it! Good luck!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.