Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Re-sitting English language GCSE PLEASE HELP IM ALEVELS AND I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I need some advice and help on what to do.

So I'm currently doing my as-levels in bio, chem and psychology and I'm hoping to get into Imperial College London to study medicine. HOWEVER, I read that the required GCSEs to be guaranteed a place was AAABB in bio, chem, physics, maths and english language (in no particular order). The problem is, is that I have a C in English language (AQA). I went online to see whether I could take re-sits, but it says on the AQA website that English Language resits are currently scheduled to take place during November 2015 (IT'S NOVEMBER 2015 AND I FEEL LIKE IVE MISSED MY CHANCE). Is there any possible way of perhaps re-sitting my English Language course for AQA in June? Or doing anything at all to get into medical school.

Btw you guys, do I have to learn new topics in engish lang to be able to successfully re-sit the exams because I know that they've changed the course ((((((

ReputationRep:
    The next exam will be in June and the English paper always have the same questions but related to a different text, however in the writing section the questions do tend to change.
    Just look through past papers and you will be good to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sairajay)
    The next exam will be in June and the English paper always have the same questions but related to a different text, however in the writing section the questions do tend to change.
    Just look through past papers and you will be good to go.
    Thanks so much for your help! I'll definitely have a look at some resources, hopefully I can still get in to Imperial *fingers crossed*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.