The Student Room Group

Can I move sixth forms for yr 13, even though I'm going 2 of my A Levels are linear?

Hi,

I know you can move sixth forms after year 13, because I saw a really helpful post about transferring credits from your AS. The thing is, I checked the JCQ website and it said that this transfer of credit is not applicable to students doing the new Linear A levels from 2015. Two of my A Levels are linear ( History, English lit) so what am I supposed to do? I have to move for yr 13, because my Dad has decided to re locate for his job, but doesn't want to disrupt our studies midway through the year. I don't want to repeat a whole year of AS again.
Original post by tkb661998
Hi,

I know you can move sixth forms after year 13, because I saw a really helpful post about transferring credits from your AS. The thing is, I checked the JCQ website and it said that this transfer of credit is not applicable to students doing the new Linear A levels from 2015. Two of my A Levels are linear ( History, English lit) so what am I supposed to do? I have to move for yr 13, because my Dad has decided to re locate for his job, but doesn't want to disrupt our studies midway through the year. I don't want to repeat a whole year of AS again.

Transferring credit means they are are taking completed AS exam results for one examiner and transferring them to another different examiner to complete the A level. If you are doing a Linear A level there will be no credit to transfer since any AS results don't count towards the final A level grade and indeed many students won't even have taken an AS exam. You may have some catching up to do if there are differences in the specifications - e.g. different books/poetry studied, different historical periods - because the exams will be based on the full 2 years of content studied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending