Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What are the consequences of turning without using an indicator/turn signal in the UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've been trying to find out if you get penalty points or a fine but I can not find anything! Again this is for the UK so any help would be perfect help, thank you!

Crashing into another car?

ReputationRep:
    i mean in terms of penalty points or a letter through your post saying something...

ReputationRep:
    I believe that it falls under Driveing Without Due Care and Attention. Which there is variable fine and points for. Its to the polices disgression but they will most likely only charge you if you nearly cause an accident.

(Original post by fitaap05)
    What are the consequences of turning without using an indicator/turn signal in the UK!
    I have absolutely no idea. I have never attempted this, nor have I ever witnessed anybody that has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    I have absolutely no idea. I have never attempted this, nor have I ever witnessed anybody that has.
    really? really? I cant drive down the road without seeing some moron not indicating

ReputationRep:
    It would be classed as driving without due care and attention if the police actually did anything about it. I wish they pulled people for driving with fog lights on in normal conditions too. When it was actually foggy the other week there were less people with fog lights on than in the middle of summer on a clear night.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    You'd only get told off if the cops pull you over for it. However, those who share the road with you will be severely pissed off.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I couldn't trust myself behind a steering wheel :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    ****ign round abouts!

Do you have any idea what it is like being a cyclist at a roundabout

If I ever became a policeman I would dedicate time to staking out roundabouts and catching the pillocks who do not indicate

ReputationRep:
    why be an idiot and not indicate? it causes accidents.

ReputationRep:
    You wipe a motorcyclist. Other than that a bored cop might have shout at you but nothing major.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    I believe that it falls under Driveing Without Due Care and Attention. Which there is variable fine and points for. Its to the polices disgression but they will most likely only charge you if you nearly cause an accident.
    This.

The same legislation also creates the offence of "driving without reasonable consideration for other road users". Fixed penalty notices (with licence endorsement) can now be given for this.

Simpler to move that index finger, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    why be an idiot and not indicate? it causes accidents.
    why be an idiot and automatically indicate , it causes accidents ...

signals should be given only when they give clear informatrion to other road users

ReputationRep:
    You ought to be given penalty points or made to drive an old 1970s Skoda for a day. Sadly neither will happen because our law makers have been brainwashed by the Clarkson tendency to see a driving licence as a right not a privilege.

(Original post by Laomedeia)
    Do you actually drive on public roads? :lol:

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I couldn't trust myself behind a steering wheel :afraid:
    Yes, a hat is essential for driving, hatless cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Do you actually drive on public roads? :lol:

This. Loads of people don't seem to have working indicators. makes me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    You ought to be given penalty points or made to drive an old 1970s Skoda for a day. Sadly neither will happen because our law makers have been brainwashed by the Clarkson tendency to see a driving licence as a right not a privilege.

Ahahah! Imagine if that was what happened. That'd be so funny.

(Original post by kaleidosparkle)
    This. Loads of people don't seem to have working indicators. makes me!
    It's especially frustrating when you're at a busy roundabout and someone's lack of indicating etiquette costs you the gap you've been waiting for for a while...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 2, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.