Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tired CONSTANTLY watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else just tired all the time. Even when I have a good nights sleep I am groggy and tired the next day. I think about sleeping so often. Ive forgotten what it feels like to actually feel awake, and when I have caffeine it just makes my heart race and i get sort of hyper, theres nothing particularly awakening about it apart from that.

I managed to do my A levels but I ended up on about 3 or 4 monster drinks a day to stay barely awake and to concentrate.

I spend my weekends lazy and lying around in my bed

Anyone like this? Am I abnormal or just typical tired teenager

anyone got any solutions at all?

ReputationRep:
    I can relate.
    #LibraProblems

ReputationRep:
    I'm EXACTLY like this hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_1)
    Is anyone else just tired all the time. Even when I have a good nights sleep I am groggy and tired the next day. I think about sleeping so often. Ive forgotten what it feels like to actually feel awake, and when I have caffeine it just makes my heart race and i get sort of hyper, theres nothing particularly awakening about it apart from that.

I managed to do my A levels but I ended up on about 3 or 4 monster drinks a day to stay barely awake and to concentrate.

I spend my weekends lazy and lying around in my bed

Anyone like this? Am I abnormal or just typical tired teenager

anyone got any solutions at all?
    You could have some kind of hormonal problem, go to your GP tell them your symptoms and get your thyroid checked whether you're vitamin/iron deficient etc. those are the most common causes

Alternatively, it could be due to bad diet and lack of exercise.

ReputationRep:
    I get this all the time. I am just constantly tired, you may have anaemia which is what I have. Doesn't affect me too badly though. You'll find however, that if you live an unhealthy lifestyle then all of things you listed above are common symptoms, and the energy drinks probably don't help. I have found that when i have gone to bed early and have got up at 6 am, gone for a run, had a healthy breakfast that i feel a thousand times more awake and ready to start my day/week. I have also found that when eating junk food (obviously) i feel more tired and groggy, even though it tastes so good. I think maybe just try and adjust your lifestyle, it can help soso much, if that doesn't work after months (building the habit and feeling the outcome takes time) then maybe go and get checked out. Don't think its anything serious though, a lot of teens are tired, due to constant work (or lack off, that has more of an affect on me personally) bad habits and hormones. Sometimes when you just don't get up and don't work, it makes you feel even more tired, try and get up, be more enthusiastic, do your work, occupy your time, not just watching TV or playing games or sleeping or whatever you do. Just do SOMETHING. And believe me, i know its hard, but you can do it, i am still trying lol, I'm the same as you, lets try and change together!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.