Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's my friend's birthday next weekend. I'm getting her a lipstick because she loves makeup, probably a red one as she doesn't have one of those

thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Yves Saint Laurent have a very nice red lipstick, or you could go with Ruby Woo or Russian Red from Mac (you can never go wrong with Mac).

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the MAC russian red. It's obviously red haha but it is the best lipstick ever!! The shade is just gorgeous and it stays on for quite a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Yves Saint Laurent have a very nice red lipstick, or you could go with Ruby Woo or Russian Red from Mac (you can never go wrong with Mac).
    i would agree the russian red mac is bae i have it and never leave the house without it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Which YSL one do you use? Thanks

I was thinking Mac, she has lovely olive/Indian skin so which shade would suit more?

(Original post by dp1828)
    Definitely the MAC russian red. It's obviously red haha but it is the best lipstick ever!! The shade is just gorgeous and it stays on for quite a while.
    I hear so many good things about Mac I havent tried their lipsticks myself =) thank you, looks great on google

ReputationRep:
    I love this lipstick. I bought it a while ago, and the ardent sunset colour is great. It tastes nice, too :P http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOreal-Color...d=550261927270

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    Which YSL one do you use? Thanks

I was thinking Mac, she has lovely olive/Indian skin so which shade would suit more?
    The Rouge Pur Couture, and there is a matte and slightly silkier version, I recommend the matte. I'm Indian too, so I'd say the rouge rock colour, but you can always look at the different shades in store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Save.Me)
    I love this lipstick. I bought it a while ago, and the ardent sunset colour is great. It tastes nice, too :P http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOreal-Color...d=550261927270
    Looks lush! thank you

ReputationRep:

I hear so many good things about Mac I havent tried their lipsticks myself =) thank you, looks great on google
    You should try their products! They are definitely worth trying. Whilst your buying a present for your friend maybe get yourself something too!

ReputationRep:
    Velvet Teddy from MAC is really good!!

ReputationRep:
    It's my friend's birthday next weekend. I'm getting her a lipstick because she loves makeup, probably a red one as she doesn't have one of those

thank you x
    I personally like lipsticks that don't make my lips feel dry.

There is a brand called Lipstick Queen (you can find it in John Lewis) and it is amazing !

They have these lipsticks and when you put it on it finds the perfect shade of that colour by reacting to the ph of your lips

They can be quite pricey so my favourite drugstore ones would be the Revlon butter lips

Hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    Nars audacious lipsticks!!! Honestly, these are so good for the price and standard. Far better than anything from Mac, YSL, benefit, Urban Decay, etc that I've tried. They also look very luxurious for the price.

Otherwise, Anastasia, Lorac or Kat Von D liquid lipsticks are equally as awesome (they also last waaaay longer!!)

Or if you're going for real luxury beauty, my all time favourite are my Tom Ford ones... nothing even slightly compares to these. I have 11 and they're my most prized possessions in terms of make up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Changing Skies

ReputationRep:
    russian red mac perfect

ReputationRep:
    Clinique and Lush ones last forever and come out really beautifully.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.