Turn on thread page Beta

Names fir a tea room. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is Sophia, and together with a friend we are thinking of opening a tea room. Was wondering if you had any ideas for a name?!
    The theme is going to be based slightly off the mad hatters tea party, as we plan for nothing will match!

ReputationRep:
    The Mad Hatresses's Tea Party for the originality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    The Mad Hatresses's Tea Party for the originality.
    Love the idea but worried about its length!

ReputationRep:
    Dunking Junction

ReputationRep:
    Tea Junction

ReputationRep:
    T42

ReputationRep:
    I've never stepped into a tea room in my life, but I'd say the most attractive thing about a tea room is the atmosphere - presumably, people don't go to tea rooms to feel like they're at Starbucks, they like stepping out of the real world and into a world of its own. So, instead of making a generic tea room, come up with a theme, from which you can then derive the decor, atmosphere, and of course the name. Possible themes could be based in reality, such as Moroccan/Arabic, 20th century Britain, oriental (Chinese/Japanese, etc); or more fantasy, like someone mentioned the Mad Hatter. Ultimately, it all comes down to what you want it to be and who you want it to be for.

ReputationRep:
    Hatter's
    Wonderland
    Time for Tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    I've never stepped into a tea room in my life, but I'd say the most attractive thing about a tea room is the atmosphere - presumably, people don't go to tea rooms to feel like they're at Starbucks, they like stepping out of the real world and into a world of its own. So, instead of making a generic tea room, come up with a theme, from which you can then derive the decor, atmosphere, and of course the name. Possible themes could be based in reality, such as Moroccan/Arabic, 20th century Britain, oriental (Chinese/Japanese, etc); or more fantasy, like someone mentioned the Mad Hatter. Ultimately, it all comes down to what you want it to be and who you want it to be for.
    Was thinking about just making it homely with miss matched designed furniture and tableware, with vibrate paintings on the walls. Do you think that is a good idea or too much like Starbucks?!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.