Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So I've been offered work experience for 3 months in an accountancy practise. My family are telling me I leave it and look for a part time job in tesco etc or within retail instead. In my work experience I'll be doing excel tasks, basic bookkeeping, accounts payroll and data entry and it's only three months so I can look for a job after it plus I'll have experience to look for one within finance. But they want me to leave it once I get a part time job

What are your views?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation as you, but I went for the work experience at the end. I picked the work experience because the company is a very well-known, therefore very competitive to get work experience in and it's in my intended career. It's nice to earn extra money, but it's only three months of your time that not many people are lucky enough to get. Whereas, you can apply for a job all year. Think of it as an investment for your future.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: So I`ve started the work experience and im learning a lot, developing skills in excel and accounting software, but I`ve been offered a second interview for a part time job in a retail store, my family are telling me to leave the work exp and go for the job, I wanna continue with the work exp tho, really confused

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.