The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

nottingham scarf colours

i personally like the traditional aspects of unis like various colured scarfs and colleges and all that. just wondering does nottingham have scarf colours?

(and don't worry i already know there are gonna be alot of people saying this is a pointless and rubbish thread......oh well:p: )
Green, yellow and blue.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
cool. and how about traditions
We have the traditional drive-by every fortnight.
Reply 4
Here you go Edmund...

Are you trying to see if it'll look good next to your school scarf etc?
Reply 6
Separate halls don't have colours like colleges. That's all we have. xx
Reply 7
yeah, basically the only distinguishing features for halls are hall hoodies
Every university has its own scarf colours.

Nottingham students do seem to excell in wearing university branded material on campus. I don't really see the point to be honest. I bought a university scarf and top from the SU shop at St Andrews the day I left as a memento and to show people elsewhere that I was proud of being a St Andrews graduate.
Reply 9
you'll have to forgive me, i'm a sucker for old and traditional stuff and all that jazz:biggrin:
Reply 10
ChemistBoy
Nottingham students do seem to excell in wearing university branded material on campus. I don't really see the point to be honest. I bought a university scarf and top from the SU shop at St Andrews the day I left as a memento and to show people elsewhere that I was proud of being a St Andrews graduate.

I notice that myself... Is it to try and make sure people know they're actually students there and not just random people wandering around the campus?

I'd buy one to wear back home, but not on campus. Don't even get me started on the whole School Leavers hoodies... Why do people think we give a **** what uber exclusive private school you went to?

The only Notts thing I'd wear on campus is a society hoody.
It's another of those things that has come across from America I guess.
Reply 12
It hasn't changed since I bought mine in 1958.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending