Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

so last year this guy with a gf started messaging me and we got on really well etc until he started being really flirtatious, then started declaring his love for me and even suggested marriage. He kept ****ging off his gf and went on and on about how she always got him down.

talking to another guy and we're getting on really really well, he doesn't really flirt with me which is a relief (looking for friendship) but he has stared venting about his gf...

what do I do? dont' want to assume the worst but really don't want it to go how the last relationship did. The other guy wouldn't leave me alone and said some pretty sexual stuff so I had to block him on all my social media. Not worried about that specifically, this other guy is pretty decent, but don't want it to get awkward.

please help

someone? anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Personally i see it as if the boy's talking to you behind his gf's backs then if you got with him he won't change, h's the same person so who says he might do the same with you?

(Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    Personally i see it as if the boy's talking to you behind his gf's backs then if you got with him he won't change, h's the same person so who says he might do the same with you?
    what? I'm not trying to get with him, I'm worried this second guy might like me because he's moaning about his gf all the time like the other guy?

I'd never even consider dating/kissing/encouraging someone with a gf
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Maybe say 'I'm sorry to hear that', leave it and then change the topic when the time is right. If it escalates then tell him to talk to his girlfriend about it and/or block him.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Maybe say 'I'm sorry to hear that', leave it and then change the topic when the time is right. If it escalates then tell him to talk to his girlfriend about it and/or block him.
    thanks, might try that! really don't want to have to block him though, we're pretty good friends

ReputationRep:
    Guys want sex, you didn't know that?

(Original post by RoyalMarine)
    Guys want sex, you didn't know that?
    pretty sure that's not why we're talking seeing as we met online and he didn't even know what I look like...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.