Turn on thread page Beta

we've been talking for nearly a year, but we only ever really talk via text (however he was the one that sent the first text and it kinda snowballed from there). our messages to each other are really long and we always ask each other questions so the conversation keeps flowing but sometimes he won't reply for days, or ever. however if i send him a new text a few weeks later he usually replies and a new conversation starts. i want to text him all the time but it feels as if we're more penpals than irl friends because we have the bulk of our communication electronically.

we spend a bit of time together irl but only because we have classes and clubs in common at school - never any time outside of school. he approaches me during these class and club time though and he often asks me loads of questions/plays with his hair when talking/looks a bit timid/etc

i'd really like to talk to him more but i'm really shy, and he's really shy too so if he likes me he ain't gonna tell me and ain't gonna tell him. it's so difficult to tell if he's interested because of all these mixed messages - like the long texts and approaching me, but i feel that if he really liked me he would have said something by now, or at least be more keen via text. i'm unsure whether he wants something more or just sees me as a friend.

pls help
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    x
    Maybe ask him if he wants to go and see Spectre (if that's his type of thing) and maybe that'll snowball as well and you'll spend time together outside of school/clubs.

Or if you're feeling very confident just be straight up with him, tell him that you're interested in him and would like to know how he feels about that.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Maybe ask him if he wants to go and see Spectre (if that's his type of thing) and maybe that'll snowball as well and you'll spend time together outside of school/clubs.

Or if you're feeling very confident just be straight up with him, tell him that you're interested in him and would like to know how he feels about that.
    he's already seen the film with his family i see what you mean - if online communication snowballed, then perhaps irl communication can to.

i've straight up told guys that i like them before but i've always been rejected, which has made me really shy and fear rejection. i don't want to mess up again ;'(
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    he's already seen the film with his family i see what you mean - if online communication snowballed, then perhaps irl communication can to.

i've straight up told guys that i like them before but i've always been rejected, which has made me really shy and fear rejection. i don't want to mess up again ;'(
    Well, the cinema is pretty safe, not the best place for a 'date' but I s'pose it's a good thing to do together, even as friends. So if you're interested in that maybe look up the latest releases. You'd probably like Minions, or if you've seen the first Maze Runner film the second one's been out for some time, and the first one was great.

You can also drop pretty heavy hints (though guys may be oblivious at times) or steer the conversations via text towards things like 'if you could ask me one thing knowing I'd forget that you ever asked the next day, what would you ask' or 'what do you look for in a partner'...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.