Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in year 11 am currently looking to take; Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Maths (statistics) in College. However, after looking at economics books they look a bit boring. My dad wants me to do physics but the only reason I might do that is because I know what it is about whereas I don't know much about economics syllabus. However, I don't really want to do physics because many people say it is really hard (inc. my brother) and I wasn't keen on it in the first place. The only reason I am taking maths (with statistics) is because my dad said it is good for Chemistry.

I was thinking of taking Psychology or Religious Studies & Philosophy instead of Economics but psychology is really hard and Religious Studies & Philosophy has essays in which I don't like. Should I just stick with economics?

I really would like some help here. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrahim11)
    Hi, I'm in year 11 am currently looking to take; Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Maths (statistics) in College. However, after looking at economics books they look a bit boring. My dad wants me to do physics but the only reason I might do that is because I know what it is about whereas I don't know much about economics syllabus. However, I don't really want to do physics because many people say it is really hard (inc. my brother) and I wasn't keen on it in the first place. The only reason I am taking maths (with statistics) is because my dad said it is good for Chemistry.

I was thinking of taking Psychology or Religious Studies & Philosophy instead of Economics but psychology is really hard and Religious Studies & Philosophy has essays in which I don't like. Should I just stick with economics?

I really would like some help here. Thanks!
    Stats may help you a little in Biology, but not sure how it will help in chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    Stats may help you a little in Biology, but not sure how it will help in chem
    The mathematics is Core 1,2,3 and 4 with Statistics

I should have written it as Mathematics With Statistics

if I take Mathematics with Mechanics then I HAVE to take physics but I'm not keen on mechanics

ReputationRep:
    The mathematics is Core 1,2,3 and 4 with Statistics

I should have written it as Mathematics With Statistics

if I take Mathematics with Mechanics then I HAVE to take physics but I'm not keen on mechanics
    What exam board? Mechanics in AQA is quite fun. And yeah my point still remains for chem, i never used any stats in it, but it was aqa so maybe different in ocr etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    What exam board? Mechanics in AQA is quite fun. And yeah my point still remains for chem, i never used any stats in it, but it was aqa so maybe different in ocr etc.
    My brother is currently doing edexcel at the same college but he takes mechanics. I'm not sure which exam board I will be doing.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is currently doing edexcel at the same college but he takes mechanics. I'm not sure which exam board I will be doing.
    Well all depends on what kind of thing you want to do after college, or just take what you are interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Economics is a very interesting subject I would definitely recommend it. Maths also goes really well with Economics. Don't take Physics if you aren't keen on it.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.