Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    n/a
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    x
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    It's difficult because it is the beginning of November so currently two months into A Levels and schools. Chances are, you can't do A Levels now until next year unless you made a pleading case but right now that's unlikely. I'd suggest talking to someone at college, they can point you to the right direction and decide what is best for you. Some colleges can accept you now but it solely depends on if they are 100% exam based as if you are prepared to revise content for next year's AS exams, you can do it but it depends if you can quickly get on to an A Level course. The other thing I can suggest is doing a BTEC in Media, an Extended Diploma is worth 3 A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by san13)
    Hey!

Wow that definitely sounds like you're not in a good place right now. Does the college you currently go to offer any Level 3 BTECs in Creative Media? or even a Level 2 BTEC in Media which you can then complete and go on to do a Level 3 course. I know that taking the extra year sounds daunting - but it will fly by! I did music for a year at my college, and then switched to BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Print Based Creative Media which is essentially journalism. I'm now in my last year of the course and can honestly say its flown by and its been great. You learn so much and gain a wide range of skills! So even if you feel a bit silly going back to the career advisors at your college, it will all be worth it in the end! and if your college doesn't offer media courses, then I'd definitely think about going to the other college you mentioned. It might be further away but it'll definitely be worth it. My college is one of the best in the area as well as surrounding areas as it focuses solely on BTECS/Degrees, and many people, including my friends, travel over 20 miles to and from college everyday! So definitely look in to all your options, especially soon as if you leave it too late, you won't be able to start the course this year and will have to finish a year of your current tourism course before starting a new one next September!
    Thankyou for replying, I actually have quit my course today. I am planning to do part-time courses along with working until the course I want to do starts in September. My college wouldn't allow me to swap onto another course and frankly I was tired with the whole way that college were handling things and assisting me, I had to leave. Although I didn't want to do the extra year I figured it will be worth it, and the Journalism course I am planning to do I believe offers many chances to go into the industry straight after, which means I won't feel even further delayed by going to university. In the mean time though I plan to do as many courses as I can, particularly dressmaking and maybe even Japanese. Thanks again for commenting!

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same position as you last year! I found travel and tourism COMPLETELY boring and the work just didn't motivate me at all, I ended up switching to the level 2 course so I wouldn't have to do the level 3 one for 2 years and then started doing A levels which I enjoy in September

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.