Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Statistics A level - well regarded by universities? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have posted about statistics plenty of times before but I am still unsure how universities will view statistics.

I'm not looking to go to Oxbridge but in a list they showed of subjects they'd like to see in successful candidates and which subjects unsuccessful candidates do. It listed everything from mathematics to media studies etc. but no where did it say anything about statistics a level.

I do AQA Statistics and I thoroughly enjoy it. I do chemistry, biology, psychology and statistics but unsure if in my second year, I should drop psychology or statistics depending on which one is more highly redeemed by universities e.g. Manchester.

How do you/universities feel about statistics and is it on the same level as a mathematics/science a level?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.