Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do I need to speak to him every day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So Ive been talking to this guy for a month now every day without fail. Recently I've realised our deep and meaningful conversations have turned into small talk. I like him a lot but I just feel like talking to him everyday may just ruin things because we will get overly used to each other and eventually get bored. How do I tell him this without sounding like I dont like him without being blunt and rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookBeth)
    So Ive been talking to this guy for a month now every day without fail. Recently I've realised our deep and meaningful conversations have turned into small talk. I like him a lot but I just feel like talking to him everyday may just ruin things because we will get overly used to each other and eventually get bored. How do I tell him this without sounding like I dont like him without being blunt and rude
    I don't think you'll get bored with the person you love (just like with your parents) because each day they change and you'll learn more about them (even the insane parts ---> everyone is crazy in some way hahaha) and those quiet times will be actually very lovely, and you'll make more memories to laugh together with too. Also there are many, many philosophy questions you guys can talk about so...
    Anyway, if it's a long distance relationship I do suggest you guys to keep talking everyday just so he can feel like you are there (to be the first (morning) to speak and last (night) too - as Marzia said). However, if it's not a long distance relationship then the only thing I say is not to worry because being used to each other just means being used to their accompany (not getting embarrassed about farting etc.) lol you won't get bored of him if you love him and same with him
    But I know for sure that you need your own personal space so you don't have to constantly talk to him, just tell him you have friends to meet or home works to do (be honest) and he will have to respect and recognise that you need to have time for your friends and personal things too but if he gets obsessive... well that's another thread to make hahahaha
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I've been there and done that - explain to him exactly what will happen and that you do enjoy his company, but you need to give eachother a bit of space so that you can have decent conversations often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I've been there and done that - explain to him exactly what will happen and that you do enjoy his company, but you need to give eachother a bit of space so that you can have decent conversations often.
    It is a long distance thing he's an hour away but I really do appreciate where you are both coming from. Thank you for your suggestions and shedding some light on the situation..I think honesty will be the best policy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.