Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Evolutionist: given the gazillions of planets in space, it is inevitable that one has the right conditions for life, we just happen to be on it, there are probably others.

A1: Given that ONE of the planets we know has human life that has developed space travel after a few thousand years of civilisation, you should expect there to be gazillions of Worlds where beings are even more ahead of us in space travel . . . . how come they aren't making themselves known to us?

A2 Man with all his intelligently designed experiments has not been able to create life

Student: Why can "god" not be bothered to show himself? It would definitely end the debates about whether he exists or not.

A:
    "Judas says to him... Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world? Jesus answered, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our abode with him." (John 14:22-23)

Have you kept Jesus words?
    I have and it certainly removes all doubt that leaves you stuck, wasting time and opportunity!
    You obviously havn't kept his words, but you have kept the words that he can't be bothered, do you even know the source of your chosen faith?

What's your biggest achievement in life up to date?
    A: Sometimes just stayin alive is an achievement

Internet contender: If you read the bible you will see that his main intention was to create man and he only created Eve as an after thought because Adam wanted a companion. So why does he hate gays ?

A: God knew all along that Adam needed a female companion, he wanted Adam to appreciate the Woman so he let him try all the other things first.

Internet poster: Even though I said I didn't want to go back to a mainline church, that's where I am at ... I feel God is calling me there

A: I was sitting in an independent cafe that does freshly made-to-order food and drinks. I had a salt beef wrap with salad incl. gerkin, and squeezed orange juice, really nice! In popped a few people, took one look and walked out. A few mins later I finished and walked past the local branch of a fried chicken chain. Guess who was standing in the queue?

My point?

People are afraid to leave "the devil you know", even though they knew it would be a completely unmemorable meal.

But I am being kind to religious groups. At least the chain restaurants keep people alive, dead churches keep people dead. Ritual is substituted for real, inspiring relationship.

God is calling you to the church he set up in Acts 2:4 onwards - please read and make sure the church you go to has the same.

Q: Prove to me beyond all reasonable doubt that Jesus Christ existed!

A: If some scientist in the Middle Ages developed a cure for a disease, would you demand proof that he existed before you took the cure?

Of course not, most people would think you were *stark raving mad* to make such a demand!

Q: What do you say to people of other Religions who witness to you, and pray
    that you see the truth of their God?

A: I never had anyone of another religion witness to me - they have witnessed nothing, they have just learned stories.

Q: What religion are you?

A: What religion is God?
    - none, he is just himself, having daily relationship with sons of God like me.

What are you? - that is your religion!

"I accept the Apostles creed"
    - I just told you what the apostles believed, and you rejected it!

And who wrote this creed?
    "I don't know"
    - so you don't know who you are following?

Q: after you were 'born again' how long did the insufferable smugness stage last?

A: Many people who say they are "born again" aren't, their "church" has never got the revelation on what it is - see John 3:8, Acts 2:4, 33 for details.

Seeing as "smug" means self-righteously complacent, are you sure you are not smug?

We show people what works.

To those that can't handle the truth, we have:
    "The Happy Hope That Heckles Heathens" (a song line)

Accusation: "Jesus - The slowest God in history!"
    About 16,000 of us starve to death daily, 75 million of us are slaves and at least 1 billion women are still oppressed by men, why is he hanging around instead of doing the saviour bit?"

A: Your life will soon be over, perhaps sooner than you expect!

The sooner you get the eternal abundant life he made available, so you can show others the alternative to death and suffering! Become part of the answer instead of part of the problem! I have seen one or 2 people die, they wished they paid more attention to the claims and proofs Jesus Christ offers, instead of taking your attitude, they frittered away their opportunity on silly thoughts that led them nowhere.

Jesus - The only living God in history.

Name:  Jesus bench.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  56.5 KB

Q: Why are young adults leaving the church and/or the faith all together?
    Particularly in those who were brought up in the faith, attended church regularly and maybe even had complete faith but have since left the church. What makes them leave? Loss of faith? Generally just bored of your church?
    I've noticed this trend in people aged from about 16. Even my own church attendance is almost zero when I'm away from home.

A: If a person is brought up in a faith, there may be no true conversion, no realisation and conviction that there is a God who can transform you and that by comparison, your own ways are no good, no receiving of the new Life (becoming "born again" - John 3:6-8, Acts 2) with a determination do discover all that God can do.

More likely you are led to believe that you have been a "Christian" even a good one, whereas in fact you just fitted in with other people's ideas.

Objection: Your bible says "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."
    All the people referred to 'standing here' are now 2,000 years later dead. Kingdom of God has not been seen!

A: You are looking with blind eyes, you need to be born again (John 3:3, Acts 2:4)

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God comes not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:20-21)

Q: Religions - Do they reveal or do they veil?

A: They veil the fact that nothing has been revealed to the proponents
    - UNLESS they are like the one true church Jesus set up in Acts 2.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.