Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    is it really true that SLC will only cover up to four years of study and if I have studied at a non-UK university for two years(which two years I DO NOT want to be recognized by the UK university I want to apply to, so it's as if I didn't even take them as far as the UK is concerned) SLC will only cover two years of my studies at the UK (the last two)?
    Also, hypothetically, what's to stop me from NOT declaring those two years, in order to receive full SLC aid? I wouldn't mind not declaring them, because they are not related to the study I want to pursue in the UK and I don't want them to be recognized by the university I will apply for.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    All previous study from anywhere in the world is taken into consideration and can affect entitlement to Student Finance. If a qualification is deemed to be the equivalent or higher level to a course a student is applying for then standard Previous Study and Equivelent level qualifications rules will apply.

    We may ask you to send evidence of your previous study. It may be considered fraudulent not to declare them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2015
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.