The Student Room Group

A wierd Question to ask but curious about self plagiarism

Hi all,

1 main question and 1 side smaller question

I wanted to ask about plagiarising yourself. Last year, i submitted a personal statement for a foundation course. Didn't go through UCAS, it was directly to the uni. I am now writing my personal statement for a BA through UCAS. Is it possible to use some of the old PS in my new one?
I am the author of it so i have permission but would it still be rejected?

Also, to be on the safe side, should i change what i used totally or some of it??

If you want to know. I am doing a Foundation in Art and Design and now applying for Illustration.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

- Yousaf Hussain.
(edited 8 years ago)
It is fine to use your previous PS, altho you should ensure that it is relevant to this course and to your situation now
Reply 2
Original post by *Interrobang*
It is fine to use your previous PS, altho you should ensure that it is relevant to this course and to your situation now

Yeah, i haven't taken the whole thing, just bits of it of it which are relevant as i had spoken about my interest in illustration in the Foundation PS.
I've used ucas last year to apply for medicine, my situation has changed so im on a gap year and applying for optometry now - My voluntary/extracurric paragraph is still relevant so if I was to keep that in my Personal Statement and apply would that be plagarism?
Original post by IllmaticLUPE
I've used ucas last year to apply for medicine, my situation has changed so im on a gap year and applying for optometry now - My voluntary/extracurric paragraph is still relevant so if I was to keep that in my Personal Statement and apply would that be plagarism?

It's fine, as long as it's relevant (which it sounds like it could well be)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending