Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am applying to Leeds College of Art for 2016 and will be sending my application off by the end of next week. I was just wondering how hard is it to get in? I know it's very prestigious for Foundation Courses but just wanted to know how it is realistically?

Also I live in Sheffield and I'm planning on commuting, I feel like this might get too much. Does anyone do anything similar to this?

ReputationRep:
    Since you can't get a maintenance loan on foundation year, you may have no choice but to commute :/
    I've applied to leeds foundation year too, no idea how popular it is, but since leeds regard themselves as the 'pioneers' of the art foundation diploma I'm guessing they'll probably be quite choosy about who they let on but idk. we'll have to wait and see :>

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying to Leeds College of Art got an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys Ive applied too, haven't heard anything about an interview yet tho, im commuting from York and I know someone's which did that and they found it fine so hoping it isn't too much, I think about 800 people apply and 350-400 get in, so I guess it's quite tough

ReputationRep:
    I applied too but they told me I can't get in because i was going to be 17 by September :/
    But I did apply to Falmouth for an art and design foundation as well and i'm just waiting for the interview

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said to me today the final official deadline is actually the 15th January and that is the complete cut off point for applications apparently, so that will be why no one who has applied has got an interview yet. I'm still not sure yet if I rent out a flat in Leeds for a bit or commute. Good luck anyway guys and keep us posted in how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Phew that's comforting to know haha, ye good luck people!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnamedrosa)
    Has anyone been offered an interview yet?
    no :/

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No nothing yet How about you?

I'm getting a wee bit nervous about it. I sent in my application early November and there's still nothing...

ReputationRep:
    I asked my teacher and he said it's usually around this time in the year, but he couldn't quite remember if that had varied last year. We'll just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got a letter in the post today saying I've got an interview so should be there sooner or later!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was meant to post on Thursday but I got an interview as well! What date is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    18th, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine's the 18th as well haha

ReputationRep:
    How many life drawings have people done, if any?

ReputationRep:
    See you there then haha, I have some but my teacher said not to bother taking them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, five friends and I all have interviews on the 18th of Feb at 9:00!

I think if you have life drawings that look presentable, then there's no harm in bringing them along- in the 'exemplar portfolio' video on their website the course leader mentioned that they like observational work.

I'm wondering about the interview questions though, I think I'm going to choose 3 contemporary artists that I could discuss if they ask, but I don't know whether to talk about installation and alternative media artists or just traditional media ones? Any ideas guys?

Also, what do you guys have in ways of portfolios? They say they're interested in the work we do out of school, but I'm focusing my energy on my grades and stuff so I don't have loads of extra work? Is anyone else in the same boat?

(Sorry for the ramble :') )

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.