Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Car at University? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, currently going around open days ahead of applying for next year etc.

Quite likely going to end up somewhere near-ish to home, but wondered if anyone has the luxury of having their cars with them at university?

Not one university I have visited has the facility for you to keep a car there, which is unsurprising considering the number of students, but I wondered if anyone has managed to find somewhere, or some way to keep a vehicle - particularly in the first year whilst living in halls? If so, is it worthwhile or a nuisance?

I'm thinking it would be rather handy for getting around the area and also, I would prefer having my car to taking a train or other form of transport to and from home.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is any point. Where are you going to park it? You are probably going to pay to park it, plus it is going to be a hassle to get around the university with it.

Just take the train.

ReputationRep:
    I know very few people who took their car to uni, and those who did invariably rapidly conceded that it was a waste of time and money, and took their car back to the parental home again.

Get a bike for travelling around the local area, and get the train home - you'll not be going home that often anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.