The Student Room Group

Why do working class people hate anything thats flamboyant?

Like eating in a French restaurant or say learning a language?
How is going to a restaurant or learning a language flamboyant.....? Unless you do it dressed as a drag queen....
Oh I do so agree. The spaghetti and chips brigade need to be civilized and brought kicking and screaming to our level as I was saying to my sister, Violet.
You know the one - has her own Mercedes, sauna and room for a pony. Breeding tells.
Original post by driftawaay
How is going to a restaurant or learning a language flamboyant.....? Unless you do it dressed as a drag queen....

But brickies, lads and mechanics would find anybody who liked speaking French a bit gay. Why are these sorts of views common among council estate/northern folk?
Original post by TheMoralStruggle
But brickies, lads and mechanics would find anybody who liked speaking French a bit gay. Why are these sorts of views common among council estate/northern folk?

lmfao
TheMoralStruggle of this thread.

I still don't understand how speaking French is gay....it's a language ffs.
Reply 7

I'm cringing right now omggg. Have you ever actually met a self-identified working class person?

I'm sure a fair amount of northern folk might speak French too you know since (brace yourself) they probs do French GCSEs and the like......
I think you'll find that most working class people don't really care if you eat food at a restaurant or speak another language :erm:
Reply 9

Northerner here. You know that the schools up North do teach GCSE French. We don't tend to call the guys who are good at it gay. In my experience it isn't common at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's flamboyant?
Because they are unsophisticated and anything that is cultured or sophisticated merely highlights this to them (their lack of sophistication).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending