Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

People rcially abuse me in my area watch

Announcements

Anyone else experience this?

Hilarious that British people claim that they dislike immigrants because they don'tintegrate yet if they do live in a white area they just get groups of people shouting racist abuse at them.

Myself and my parents were born here, so not exactly immigrants in that sense.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    What race are you?

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live? chavs I'm guessing doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone else experience this?

Hilarious that British people claim that they dislike immigrants because they don'tintegrate yet if they do live in a white area they just get groups of people shouting racist abuse at them.
    Integration works both ways. People have to get used to each other. It takes time.

Race; Indian
    RiotGirll chavs? The area is actually quite well off, around £180-220k for a two bed flat on average.
    william walker screw integration for me. When the UK population blatantly resents me despite being well educated and middle/upper class why bother? I have given them 2 decades and they still need to get used to me. Sikh people only make up a tiny number in the UK, hardly a take over. Easy to say integrate but when they are the ones shouting abuse at you and following you then I don't seem particuarly keen in smiling and saying hello.

ReputationRep:
    I have experienced it and I live in a pretty bad area but at the end of the day, it's just because the people are so ignorant there's nothing more to do than laugh at them and it's like they're the ones wasting their energy on us when their opinion doesn't actually matter because they're probably not going to get very far in life anyway. Just pleaseee don't let it get you down because they ain't worth ur poo lol

ReputationRep:
    I live in a predominantly white area and have experienced no racism.

(Original post by fionax0)
    I have experienced it and I live in a pretty bad area but at the end of the day, it's just because the people are so ignorant there's nothing more to do than laugh at them and it's like they're the ones wasting their energy on us when their opinion doesn't actually matter because they're probably not going to get very far in life anyway. Just pleaseee don't let it get you down because they ain't worth ur poo lol
    It doesn't get me down, it just makes me think why bother integrating or generally acknowledging these people.

See this thread;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3713251

ReputationRep:
    Race; Indian
    RiotGirll chavs? The area is actually quite well off, around £180-220k for a two bed flat on average.
    william walker screw integration for me. When the UK population blatantly resents me despite being well educated and middle/upper class why bother? I have given them 2 decades and they still need to get used to me. Sikh people only make up a tiny number in the UK, hardly a take over. Easy to say integrate but when they are the ones shouting abuse at you and following you then I don't seem particuarly keen in smiling and saying hello.
    So you are a Sikh then? Not a Protestant or Anglican?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't get me down, it just makes me think why bother integrating or generally acknowledging these people.

See this thread;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3713251
    Well that's a clear example of the idiots with no significance because he/she has no argument or any reasoning so not really sure what they're trying to get at. But there is so much point in integrating because although high school was a strange experience on the matter of race I met a few people who were so open talking about race and that really helped me understand a lot of things around this issue and yeah just dont generalise because ultimately that's what racism boils down to
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You Sikh? Whereabouts do you live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.