Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey fellow students . I got an offer from UCL about 2 weeks ago and seeing there's no other forms dedicated to this, I have decided to make one

ReputationRep:
    what was your course?

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Biochemical Engineering woop woop 🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssunshine)
    I have an offer for Biochemical Engineering woop woop 🎉🎉
    I got an offer for Electronics and Electrical engineering.

Anyone going to applicants day on Wednesday? Also what to wear??? Formal or casual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishabh21)

Anyone going to applicants day on Wednesday? Also what to wear??? Formal or casual?
    There's an applicant day???

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for EEE too! See you wednessday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssunshine)
    There's an applicant day???
    yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishabh21)

probably casual bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaintAfro)
    probably casual bro
    Yeah, thanks! See you then too!

ReputationRep:
    Got a Maths with economics offer

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for computer science !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, first time I've ever posted here (I registered on AS Level results day but really never felt the need to post since then) - but I thought that now may as well be the time to start doing so

Got an offer today for LLB Law (M100) today - any other UCL lawyers amongst us?

ReputationRep:
    I am also a UCL lawyer! got an offer today was so excited! have a Cambridge interview though, but if it goes to shambles UCL is my 2nd! Maybe ill see you there
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Hi guys, first time I've ever posted here (I registered on AS Level results day but really never felt the need to post since then) - but I thought that now may as well be the time to start doing so

Got an offer today for LLB Law (M100) today - any other UCL lawyers amongst us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reepatel)
    I am also a UCL lawyer! got an offer today was so excited! have a Cambridge interview though, but if it goes to shambles UCL is my 2nd! Maybe ill see you there
    Good luck with everything, I can't say that I would envy doing both the LNAT and the Cambridge Law Test :3 I've got le interview at Oxford in a couple of weeks, with LSE being due mid-December. Fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Good luck with everything, I can't say that I would envy doing both the LNAT and the Cambridge Law Test :3 I've got le interview at Oxford in a couple of weeks, with LSE being due mid-December. Fingers crossed...
    Best of luck fellow lawyer! With LSE, did you base your personal statement around their criteria they wanted? I've heard they have been pretty harsh with Personal Statements this year as they don't really interview or use LNAT.. Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Neuroscience applicant here

Does anyone know where to find information about the visit days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reepatel)
    Best of luck fellow lawyer! With LSE, did you base your personal statement around their criteria they wanted? I've heard they have been pretty harsh with Personal Statements this year as they don't really interview or use LNAT.. Good luck though!
    I didn't exactly go by the website ticking off the various points they had mentioned, but a retrospective read-through of the P.S. with our UCAS advisor revealed that I more or less addressed the issues they wanted applicants to raise in it. I also included some... let's say... more liberal nudges, talking about multiculturalism and refugees and stuff like that :P

Tbh, I've heard it being said that LSE can be even more unpredictable than Oxford in whom it chooses (due to the fact that it has so little info on you at all!), so, well, fingers crossed! But, on a serious note, UCL is a great backup to have if the "greats" (Oxbridge/LSE) reject you.

Good luck to everyone else who's applied

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys , hmm , i got a main problem . I wanna ask is there any disadvantage for those who take 3 subject in A level compare to 4 subject ? Will UCL prefer 4 subject or 3 subject ?i am planning to study engineering , so my fourth subject , which is biology is not necessary for my future career .

ReputationRep:
    I have a civil engineering offer

(Original post by MingKoi)
    Hey guys , hmm , i got a main problem . I wanna ask is there any disadvantage for those who take 3 subject in A level compare to 4 subject ? Will UCL prefer 4 subject or 3 subject ?i am planning to study engineering , so my fourth subject , which is biology is not necessary for my future career .
    I really don't think there's a disadvantage as long as you have a fourth subject at AS level - I did English Language as my fourth subject and it's not at all useful for engineering so I dropped it. Helps that I got an A, definitely. But a pass is what is required according to my offer conditions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Have a Mathematical Computation offer.

The only thing that's holding me back from picking UCL is the expense of London. As a Scot, I don't get the London weighting on my student finance so I'll need to make the difference somewhere.

I was wondering, is it possible to live at UCL with only £200-250 a week in funds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.