Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do I become an "A" Student? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I recently joined this forum for help in my studying! Im from Sweden but thogh that my school is way different from swedish schools! Because I am going in an International English School! But I have an opponent! My friend has reallly good grades in maths and some other subjects! He thinks that im a***ole, I want to show him who I really am and what I aim for! SO I REALLY NEED HELP FROM YOU PEOPLE! What are your advices to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navyou14)
    Hello!
    I recently joined this forum for help in my studying! Im from Sweden but thogh that my school is way different from swedish schools! Because I am going in an International English School! But I have an opponent! My friend has reallly good grades in maths and some other subjects! He thinks that im a***ole, I want to show him who I really am and what I aim for! SO I REALLY NEED HELP FROM YOU PEOPLE! What are your advices to me?
    Work hard, simple.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend thinks you're an ahole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    Work hard, simple.
    That's literally the answer...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im doing my best to work hard

ReputationRep:
    Im doing my best to work hard
    Don't forget the motivation - do you have an inspiration? If not, find one and if it's a celebrity, watch any videos of them at public speeches. They are really motivational and inspirational!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Something I told myself when studying was not to "duck out". That means I stayed at it even though I wanted to distract myself. In school many people can coast by and get decent grades but to really improve on them, it's a case of putting in a bit more dedication than normal.

I'd suggest making a time table to make your time more efficient. Stick to it even if some sessions don't go well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Don't forget the motivation - do you have an inspiration? If not, find one and if it's a celebrity, watch any videos of them at public speeches. They are really motivational and inspirational!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I coukdnt write that word vecause they would make it censored

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    To be honest, I'm lucky enough that i don't need to work that hard to get good grades. By that I mean i don't spend hours daily studying my trick is to do every homework that you are given and meet the deadline at all times, use websites that have useful information related to your subject (BBC Bitesize for UK people), buy books with lots of questions, and most importantly, past papers!! By doing them you will know what difficulty to expect from your exams As I said, i don't study everyday though (although i do recommend doing so for at least 2-3 hours), i usually start doing these a few days before i have a test, and a week before an exam at minimum. You could also try doing some brain activities that could help with your memory. Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    stay away from the chat room and visit maths forum at

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.