Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I know I'm never getting out. I dressed really sexy for an evening out the other day and I swear he didn't even blink although all out other friends were drooling at me. He has already turned me down and told me that he is too busy to date me.

Anyway he's been really chilled and we are doing a good job of acting like nothing happened. He's been really friendly (not flirty) and sweet but it's making me fall for him more. We have many mutual friends so it's not like I can avoid him.

I want to continue being his friend, but I'm finding it hard to shake my feelings so being around him frustrates me. I've been crying so much as I just want to be with him. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know I'm never getting out. I dressed really sexy for an evening out the other day and I swear he didn't even blink although all out other friends were drooling at me. He has already turned me down and told me that he is too busy to date me.

Anyway he's been really chilled and we are doing a good job of acting like nothing happened. He's been really friendly (not flirty) and sweet but it's making me fall for him more. We have many mutual friends so it's not like I can avoid him.

I want to continue being his friend, but I'm finding it hard to shake my feelings so being around him frustrates me. I've been crying so much as I just want to be with him. What should I do?
    Why do you feel this way about him?

ReputationRep:
    You find yourself a new crush.

ReputationRep:
    Been there done that, I found that taking a couple of weeks off seeing, talking to, even thinking about them for one second sorted me out.

(Original post by william walker)
    Why do you feel this way about him?
    I would find it hard to put it into words there is just something about him that draws me to him. I think I feel I really click with his personality and feel we would get along very well. Physically he is not very attractive my friends all laughed at me when I admitted my feelings for him and said that I could do x 10 better but I don't care about looks.

ReputationRep:
    I would find it hard to put it into words there is just something about him that draws me to him. I think I feel I really click with his personality and feel we would get along very well. Physically he is not very attractive my friends all laughed at me when I admitted my feelings for him and said that I could do x 10 better but I don't care about looks.
    ask him if he wants to netiflix and chill?

(Original post by The Diplomat.)
    ask him if he wants to netiflix and chill?
    He already turned me down for a date I mean netflix and chill would be great but to be honest I would rather be stuck in the friendzone than be booty call.

ReputationRep:
    What has he done for you? How is he when he is around you? What specifically about his personality do you like? Why are you drawn to him? Are you beautiful yourself and like that he doesn't like you because of how you look?

ReputationRep:
    He already turned me down for a date I mean netflix and chill would be great but to be honest I would rather be stuck in the friendzone than be booty call.
    Indeed.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    He just doesn't like you, and there's not much more you can do about that unfortunately.

Find yourself a new crush, no matter how hard it may sound. Yes, you'll have to stop dreaming, thinking about and breathing for this guy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I know it is hard but he's said he doesn't want to date you so you are going to have to try and find someone else.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

I've been in that position before, though I was actually in the friendzone because the signs were quite obvious: not wanting to be together alone, introducing me as a friend, blah blah blah. Sure it definitely sucks not to be able to date the person you like but that's just how life is.

The friendship, though, most likely won't be the same again because you'll still see them more than a friend and they know you have feelings for them so that will run in their mind for a long time.

You have several options in this case.

• You can choose to stay friends with him, but you'll have to live with the fact that he doesn't find you attractive and any further advancements from you will surely end the friendship for good.
    • You can choose to stay friends but make yourself less available to him, meaning less texting, less contact and less time together, knowing that more contact would only accelerate your desire to be with him.
    • You can choose to end the friendship once and for all. Over time you'll meet new people and realise that you've wasted time chasing a guy that doesn't see you more than a friend.

ReputationRep:
    This is a classic friendzone situation. The only sensible course of action is to put all your angst energy in to finding someone you like who is up for it. Any other course of action just leads to wasted months of anxiety and probably humiliation. Sure you can still be friends with, but once you are getting your oats elsewhere if indeed it still matters then. Otherwise just avoid as much as possible situations where you will see him and feel frustrated. If it's any consolation this type of horrible situation happens to guys all the while too. Good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.