Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how was AS salters horner physics ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    it was okies for me nuffin out of the blue< mabbe a few hard questions but i got round to it wot about eveery1 else?

ReputationRep:
    PSA1 - was alright - not the easiest paper i have seen though - probably just average - i thought that PSA2 was pretty hard to be honest.

Disliked the question about the guy using baloons and upthrust - volume etc...i had a go at it using all the viscosity stuff from Eat but no idea if i got it right.

Didn't get what they were asking for on the question with the resistivity - depth graph when you had to write an equation for the line of the graph.

ReputationRep:
    was it the edexcel you did?

ReputationRep:
    edexcel B, as for upthrust was it equal to weight or air + helium?

ReputationRep:
    yah the question on the guy with the balloons was pretty tough. I couldn’t work out the upthrust…. Btw did u guys get something like 60m^3 for the volume we had to calculate?
    It also took me ages in the exam to work out the resistivity question…. Sorri but that scale was fked up.
    Unit 1 was not bad, apart from that odd question 2…..
    How did others find it??

ReputationRep:
    i got 62.9m^3

btw, for paper 1, wt did u guys get for the efficiency? 3 marks... i got like 94%...

ReputationRep:
    btw, for paper 1, wt did u guys get for the efficiency? 3 marks... i got like 94%...

yup got somthing like that 94.6%??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingAS)
    yup got somthing like that 94.6%??
    yes... but why was that 3 marks?? some of my friends got sth else.

ReputationRep:
    I also got 94%

ReputationRep:
    how did u get 94%???
    i toke the answer for how much maximum energy can be supplied per day * amount of days in year, then how much it produced in a year (it was given)/ tat figure i got 0.8 or 80%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark_dragonzzz)
    how did u get 94%???
    i toke the answer for how much maximum energy can be supplied per day * amount of days in year, then how much it produced in a year (it was given)/ tat figure i got 0.8 or 80%
    I can't really remember much about the question but i think:

The maximum energy supplied per day (given to you in the data) divided by the energy used/generated by the power station (you had to calculate in the first part) X 100 - basically a normal efficiency calculation- came to about 94.7% i think.

Could be wrong - like i said can't really remember each part of every question.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.