Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by maxime78
hey,

I sent my application mid-december... my last reference has been uploaded on the 5th of January and heard back from LSE mid-september

Hope to see you in september!! good luck

You mean mid-february right?? :colondollar:

Thank you! Really hope to see you in september!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by MaviSa
You mean mid-february right?? :colondollar:

Thank you! Really hope to see you in september!

oupss sorry... yep mid February
Reply 282
What scholarships are available to undergraduates? and what do you need to do to gain one ? thanks
Is LSE guaranteed the accommodation for first year only, even for international students?

I used to perceive the uni would provide the accommodation...... but it seems to be my misconception
Original post by tomto055
Is LSE guaranteed the accommodation for first year only, even for international students?

I used to perceive the uni would provide the accommodation...... but it seems to be my misconception

All first year undergraduates are given priority in accommodation applications, and every first year student is entitled to accommodation. Any additional spaces remaining after the priority applications will be allocated to remaining students. Postgraduate accommodation is separate again from this.

The expectation is that by the second year, you will be able to find housing and other forms of accommodation in residential areas. The LSE team provide advice but again no guarantee is made.
Did anyone receive an email from LSE once they had firmed them saying anything along the lines of 'thank you for choosing LSE as your firm choice...'? Because I haven't had an email relating to me accepting their offer and no email about accommodation either.
Reply 286
hi guys! im kinda confused here, what are the next steps after receiving an offer? can you only start applying for accomodation if you firm lse?
Original post by nic0303
hi guys! im kinda confused here, what are the next steps after receiving an offer? can you only start applying for accomodation if you firm lse?

Best to read the offerholders guide first about the steps. Available online if you not received it yet on the LSE website. It will be sent with the offer letter.

You can apply for accommodation via LSE Hallpad immediately but i think at some point it will ask to firm you offer. You will need your LSE id which is in the LSE emails.

Note accommodation is not on a first come first served apart from Urbanest there is a lottery system.
I firmed my offer on UCAS but didn't get any email in response... what should I be doing now besides looking for a place? :/
Reply 289
Original post by john787
Best to read the offerholders guide first about the steps. Available online if you not received it yet on the LSE website. It will be sent with the offer letter.

You can apply for accommodation via LSE Hallpad immediately but i think at some point it will ask to firm you offer. You will need your LSE id which is in the LSE emails.

Note accommodation is not on a first come first served apart from Urbanest there is a lottery system.

so until June 30th it doesn't matter when I apply for accommodation (not Urbanest), as I will be in the lottery system? Or since when do you start losing available rooms? For instance if I apply for a hall in June (10th or such) will I have only the "leftovers" rooms?

Thanks
Hey guys, when using hallpad do I choose the 2015/2016 or 2016/2017 option? I'm guessing the latter?
Original post by Ch98
so until June 30th it doesn't matter when I apply for accommodation (not Urbanest), as I will be in the lottery system? Or since when do you start losing available rooms? For instance if I apply for a hall in June (10th or such) will I have only the "leftovers" rooms?

Thanks

Not sure how the lottery system works . I think you must have a slightly better chance of getting your choice in February than June as some the Halls must fill up.

The website states "Within each two week batch of applications, applicants are assigned a random number and processed in order of this number. Halls do fill up, however, and so we encourage students to apply as soon as they have accepted their offers to study at the School."

Which seems to support this but still can't see how a lottery system can ensure your chances in June are the same as February.

I do know last year some students who applied in February did not receive their first or second choices. Only thing they guarantee is that First year Students get an accommodation offer.

Good Luck
Reply 292
Hey everyone!

I'm a 23 year old postgrad student from the U.S. starting an MSc in Political Economy this fall. I'm currently applying for housing and I'm looking for some advice!

I'm stuck between what hall to choose from. I do want a good social life and I'm scared that if I'm in an all Post Grad hall, I'll be stuck with a lot of older students who aren't interested in socializing. I think PG Halls are 50 weeks and the others are 38 weeks, which means I'll have to find somewhere else to live after June if I do a PG and UG hall which would be kind of annoying.

I want to choose somewhere that is....
-not super expensive
-preferably close to the center but I can compromise
-decently social
-single (I don't mind sharing a bathroom though)

Where are you guys planning on living? :smile:
Original post by thestarter
Did anyone receive an email from LSE once they had firmed them saying anything along the lines of 'thank you for choosing LSE as your firm choice...'? Because I haven't had an email relating to me accepting their offer and no email about accommodation either.

Completely agree :hmmm:

I haven't had any email from LSE thanking me for firming them.
However I have managed to enter hallpad and choose my accommodation,plus they also sent me the offer holder day booking confirmation email.

In answer to your accommodation query, as soon as you submit your application, they will send you an email along the lines of this "Thank you for your completed accommodation application.
If you would like to amend your application, please log back into your Hallpad account and use the edit function".etc

One question I do have is, what happens when you make minor edits to your application (say change the ranking of your rooms). Do they automatically freeze your application and then add you into the next 2 week lottery?

Any help would be fantastic!
Reply 294
Original post by john787
Not sure how the lottery system works . I think you must have a slightly better chance of getting your choice in February than June as some the Halls must fill up.

The website states "Within each two week batch of applications, applicants are assigned a random number and processed in order of this number. Halls do fill up, however, and so we encourage students to apply as soon as they have accepted their offers to study at the School."

Which seems to support this but still can't see how a lottery system can ensure your chances in June are the same as February.

I do know last year some students who applied in February did not receive their first or second choices. Only thing they guarantee is that First year Students get an accommodation offer.

Good Luck

Makes sense, thanks
I have been offered a place at Bankside House but the offer doesn't state anything about room type (ensuite etc..) or cost as far as i can see. Has anyone experienced the same? Why is this?
Original post by amo11
Hey everyone!

I'm a 23 year old postgrad student from the U.S. starting an MSc in Political Economy this fall. I'm currently applying for housing and I'm looking for some advice!

I'm stuck between what hall to choose from. I do want a good social life and I'm scared that if I'm in an all Post Grad hall, I'll be stuck with a lot of older students who aren't interested in socializing. I think PG Halls are 50 weeks and the others are 38 weeks, which means I'll have to find somewhere else to live after June if I do a PG and UG hall which would be kind of annoying.

I want to choose somewhere that is....
-not super expensive
-preferably close to the center but I can compromise
-decently social
-single (I don't mind sharing a bathroom though)

Where are you guys planning on living? :smile:

If you go on to hallpad it lets you put in your price bracket, how long you want accommodation for and what things are important to you in teens of social life and food etc. Then it shows you all the rooms that suit you :smile: I was thinking about all this kinda stuff then I logged on and that made it all a lot easier and clearer to see.
Got a Bankside offer! Doesn't say what room or price range either :s-smilie:
Got Roseberry offer!
Hey :smile: got my offer for Actuarial Science last week and was wondering if anyone else from Northern Ireland has gotten any offers or is heading over for the offer holders day on 12th of April?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending