Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

sudden hand spasm watch

Announcements

I just had a semi-involuntary hand spasm (I could stop the movement but only for a short while). It reminded me of tics people with touretts (can't spell it) get but lasted ages (a few minuets).
    my fingers or wrist (I could just about control which) twitched rapidly. I still have a residual feeling like I need to do it but not as bad.

I was somewhat stressed leading up to it.
    I have ADD, OCD and depression/ anxiety disorders but have never experienced anything like this.

any idea what it was? Should I contact a doctor?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just had a semi-involuntary hand spasm (I could stop the movement but only for a short while). It reminded me of tics people with touretts (can't spell it) get but lasted ages (a few minuets).
    my fingers or wrist (I could just about control which) twitched rapidly. I still have a residual feeling like I need to do it but not as bad.

I have ADD, OCD and depression/ anxiety disorders but have never experienced anything like this.

If it's only happened once I wouldn't worry too much, it doesn't sound very nice though. If it happens again then do see a doctor- it's unlikely to be anything serious but if it was then you obviously need to know. Hope it doesn't though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I know the problem, your ******* and ******* off too many men if you stop then the spasm will go away

i get this loads in my fingers and hands were it's like jerky movements really fast feels really weird but if you keep moving it instead of just staring it - it'll stop I also got crazy curling painful cramping in my toes (like they overlap it's that bad) but that stopped eventually - thought this kinda stuff was normal ._.

(Original post by Fabianhorrox1)
    I know the problem, your ******* and ******* off too many men if you stop then the spasm will go away
    Wow. Just wow.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.