Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i hate school more than any thing my sixth form is the worst and im only doing 3 A levels and I picked awful a levels and my teachers are awful and I literally cry everyday because I hate it so much. I had an idea of quitting and doing an apprenticeship, I have applied for one and they said I can come in for an interview, I was thinking of doing an apprenticeship and then doing my a levels online at the same time...should I do it because I hate school so bad. I think I would be a lot happier??

ReputationRep:
    Do what makes you happy, if you hate your college, your a level's and the teacher's then perhaps you could just take this year out, get a job or some work experience then retake next year with subjects you actually want to do?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! If you feel a-levels are not your thing you should consider alternative options. If you're crying everyday you're clearly not happy and being in sixth form isn't for you! I felt that way about sixth form and it was one of the biggest mistakes i've ever made because I chose to complete the year. It's good you're doing something about it! You could consider going to college and doing a-levels part time and doing an apprenticeship. I go to college now and i'm actually enjoying it because I get days off and it's so much more relaxed. Sixth form just doesn't work with everyone. You can always do a-levels next year. Like P.brain you should do whatever makes you happy because if you don't you're just going to end up unhappy which is not healthy. Good luck with the interview!

ReputationRep:

What size do you wear?? You will need to give your future employer the right measurements for your uniform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)

What size do you wear?? You will need to give your future employer the right measurements for your uniform
    Funny but my cousin started working in mcdonalds and has recently been promoted to manager and probably earns more than you ever will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilylf)
    Funny but my cousin started working in mcdonalds and has recently been promoted to manager and probably earns more than you ever will
    Lmao are you sure about that. My future career= Clinical psychologist
    Starting salary: £30,764.
    Highest paying role if you move up the ladder would be: Potentially more than £81,000
    Even if you were a trainee you would get over 25k

Suck on that. Mc Donalds manager hahah.

My biology teacher used to be a manager at maccies and he earned much less then than from his teaching job so 🌚

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    My biology teacher used to be a manager at maccies and he earned much less then than from his teaching job so 🌚
    It depends where it is and how popular it is and what sort of manager you are anyways so thats irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Lmao are you sure about that. My future career= Clinical psychologist
    Starting salary: £30,764.
    Highest paying role if you move up the ladder would be: Potentially more than £81,000
    Even if you were a trainee you would get over 25k

Suck on that. Mc Donalds manager hahah.
    better then being unemployed, who says your going to be that anyway? i wouldn't hire you your to judgmental and just because you quit school doesn't mean you will work in McDonalds, some of the richest people ever did so..? but i'm not quitting anyway I have fixed the problem so your opinion is irreverent

It depends where it is and how popular it is and what sort of manager you are anyways so thats irrelevant
    Name:  image.png
Views: 195
Size:  112.9 KB

No more than bout £30k tho lol

ReputationRep:
    better then being unemployed, who says your going to be that anyway? i wouldn't hire you your to judgmental and just because you quit school doesn't mean you will work in McDonalds, some of the richest people ever did so..? but i'm not quitting anyway I have fixed the problem so your opinion is irreverent
    Actually the richest people did quit school because they already knew what to do and school was just waisting their time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    Name:  image.png
Views: 195
Size:  112.9 KB

No more than bout £30k tho lol
    I don't know how much your family earn or whats considered rich/poor where you come from but that seems like quite a good amount to live on to me? maybe i'm just poor haha but anyway I would rather be a mcdonalds manager and have a job then be unemployed

I don't know how much your family earn or whats considered rich/poor where you come from but that seems like quite a good amount to live on to me? maybe i'm just poor haha but anyway I would rather be a mcdonalds manager and have a job then be unemployed
    Yes course it's good enough but what I mean is, why settle for a salary which is the maximum you can get after years of work without qualifications, when that can be your starting salary after a degree?

ReputationRep:
    *You're

It's a good thing you'll never be my employer then isn't it? Also, it's good you're sticking with school since your grammar is atrocious. Also, I decided I want to become a clinical psychologist; hence why I am doing a psychology undergraduate degree. You got a problem with that?

Also you mong, the richest people in the world dropped out of Harvard, Yale etc. Not Secondary or Six form :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    *You're

It's a good thing you'll never be my employer then isn't it? Also, it's good you're sticking with school since your grammar is atrocious. Also, I decided I want to become a clinical psychologist; hence why I am doing a psychology undergraduate degree. You got a problem with that?

Also you mong, the richest people in the world dropped out of Harvard, Yale etc. Not Secondary or Six form :laugh:
    omg hahaha i don't use grammar when i'm replying to a d!ck head like you on student room do I? i use good grammar when in school or when talking to relevant people. i'm done with you anyways have a nice life

ReputationRep:
    omg hahaha i don't use grammar when i'm replying to a d!ck head like you on student room do I? i use good grammar when in school or when talking to relevant people. i'm done with you anyways have a nice life
    Aww you're too kind you mongrel. Thanks, hope you get that job in McDonald's you desire.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.