Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for this course and does anyone have an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Psychology

ReputationRep:
    torn between psychology and philosophy.. swaying more towards psychology due to personal further reading I feel I would be better equipped for psychology. But I really do prefer the sound of philosophy... Psychology feels more "safe" and my personal statement can easily be aimed at it.
    But philosophy is just something I like, but I am scared I will regret my decision and wish I just followed what felt right rather than what felt safe...

I wonder if anyone else has this issue??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebs99)
    torn between psychology and philosophy.. swaying more towards psychology due to personal further reading I feel I would be better equipped for psychology. But I really do prefer the sound of philosophy... Psychology feels more "safe" and my personal statement can easily be aimed at it.
    But philosophy is just something I like, but I am scared I will regret my decision and wish I just followed what felt right rather than what felt safe...

I wonder if anyone else has this issue??
    Hey I have just started a psychology degree after doing an access course I posted a thread recently because I'm wishing I chose philosophy really, send a reply if you have any questions or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by automobile)
    Hey I have just started a psychology degree after doing an access course I posted a thread recently because I'm wishing I chose philosophy really, send a reply if you have any questions or anything

Hey thanks for replying
    oh no ! Why is it you feel that way? There are joint honours for psychology and philosophy so I will be applying for that course. Which university are you studying at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebs99)
    Hey thanks for replying
    oh no ! Why is it you feel that way? There are joint honours for psychology and philosophy so I will be applying for that course. Which university are you studying at?
    Nottingham Trent, yeah I wish I chose that I feel with just psychology it's so factual and dull and I've learnt most of this stuff already. The statistics are quite difficult to get your head around too but I guess thats a part of any psychology degree. It's like 50% research methods too at my uni, lots of reports and studies we have to do I prefer essay writing really

ReputationRep:
    Aww no did you do access to social science or access to science btw?? I am not looking forward to statistics one bit lol,
    Because I'm coming from a science background I'm more worried that I'm going to struggle with the essays but I guess it depends on the uni
    The better/harder ones do seem to be more science and research

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.