Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will Mourinho be fired if they lose to Norwich? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So the next game is Chelsea at home to Norwich, will a loss here be the last straw and Mourinho will be fired or if he loses will he last longer?

ReputationRep:
    No way will they lose to relegation fodder like Norwich

ReputationRep:
    I'd also wonder what his level of pride is? As in even if he was backed to the end, would he eventually walk if it got too bad? Let's say Chelsea were still 15th or below at Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Norwich play a very similar to Stoke who just got a result there. They would get wrecked on the counter by the Chelsea of old, but Mikel & Matic are playing like **** and Ramires & Fabregas are just plain lazy, so Norwich don't need to worry about a holding mid breaking up their play.

(Original post by joey11223)
    I'd also wonder what his level of pride is? As in even if he was backed to the end, would he eventually walk if it got too bad? Let's say Chelsea were still 15th or below at Christmas?
    The fee speculated for Mourinho if he were sacked is £30-37m. It's not as if Abramovich isn't afraid to give managers the sack as evidence by Ancelotti a few years ago. I do see him being sacked if they don't get a result vs Norwich, particularly as they'd want to give his replacement time to buy players in January.

ReputationRep:
    You mean like there was no way they'd lose to Stoke in the league, or no way they'd lose to Stoke in the League Cup, or no way they'd lose to West Ham in the League, or no way they'd lose to Southampton in the League, or no way they'd lose to Porto in the Champions League, or no way they'd lose to Everton in the league, or no way they'd lose to Crystal Palace in the League.

But of course, there's no way they'll lose to Norwich in the League is there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    You mean like there was no way they'd lose to Stoke in the league, or no way they'd lose to Stoke in the League Cup, or no way they'd lose to West Ham in the League, or no way they'd lose to Southampton in the League, or no way they'd lose to Porto in the Champions League, or no way they'd lose to Everton in the league, or no way they'd lose to Crystal Palace in the League.

But of course, there's no way they'll lose to Norwich in the League is there...
    That's cause everyone else ain't gonna be fighting relegation. Porto in a completely different competition and fired up against their ex- manager, of course they had a chance

ReputationRep:
    That's cause everyone else ain't gonna be fighting relegation. Porto in a completely different competition and fired up against their ex- manager, of course they had a chance
    But why do you think they will DEFINITELY beat Norwich?

ReputationRep:
    Delia Smith will just be hoping for a Norwich win!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The only way Norwich will win is if they sack Alex Neil and bring in Moyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    The only way Norwich will win is if they sack Alex Neil and bring in Moyes
    The same Moyes who's about to be sacked by Real Sociedad for being so crap?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Whatever happens at Norwich, I can't see him staying around much longer.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    The same Moyes who's about to be sacked by Real Sociedad for being so crap?
    Yes. That was never going to work out, i'll be amazed if he can speak any Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yes. That was never going to work out, i'll be amazed if he can speak any Spanish.
    I can't see Moyes getting a top 10 PL job in any time soon but Norwich might be somewhere he can rebuild his reputation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moyes would be ideal for a role at somewhere like West Ham, in my opinion, but Bilic is shining there.

He's certainly better than a relegation battle each year.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why Neil would be getting the sack to be honest. They're three places above relegation and he wasn't backed in the transfer market at all. The only money he was allowed to spend on improving the squad was Brady. He's still stuck with Hughton's shi*tty defence of a few seasons ago. 17th would be job well done.

Norwich were three points outside the play-offs in seventh when Neil Adams got sacked in January. With Alex Neil they finished third and collected 46 points from 22 games. Supposing Neil was in from the start of the season and had this kind of form, they'd have won the league by six points.

I'm not sure Moyes would improve Norwich all that much to be truthful. Other than Bournemouth or Newcastle, I don't really think Dave has that many Prem options.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah, Neil's got the same Norwich defence which was relegated just two years ago in fairness.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Any Premier League side which starts the season with Cameron Jerome as their main striker deserves to be relegated
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Any Premier League side which starts the season with Cameron Jerome as their main striker deserves to be relegated
    Feel sorry that goal of his on the opening day against Palace didn't count tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Norwich play a very similar to Stoke who just got a result there. They would get wrecked on the counter by the Chelsea of old, but Mikel & Matic are playing like **** and Ramires & Fabregas are just plain lazy, so Norwich don't need to worry about a holding mid breaking up their play.

The fee speculated for Mourinho if he were sacked is £30-37m. It's not as if Abramovich isn't afraid to give managers the sack as evidence by Ancelotti a few years ago. I do see him being sacked if they don't get a result vs Norwich, particularly as they'd want to give his replacement time to buy players in January.
    Wrecked on the counter by the Chelsea of old? We have scored 2 counter attacking goals in the past 18 months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Wrecked on the counter by the Chelsea of old? We have scored 2 counter attacking goals in the past 18 months...
    I meant Chelsea in the 13/14 season.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 24, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.