Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Headache and Nausea Symptoms for almost 2 months now. Please help!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

About 2 months ago after I did my weight lifting training, I felt a slitty sharp pain at the back of my head but then it went away. On the following week week I went for training again. However that weekend, I had serious Malaise symptoms like Headache, nausea and even slight vomiting(similar to when you have food poisoning but all that happens is just constant retching where nothing but my saliva comes out.

I went to the doctor and told me it was just stress due to the fact that I am always commuting to the university and doing weight lifting at the same time but I have been doing this for 5 years so why is this suddenly happening to me?

The doctor gave me some painkillers which kind of worked and felt slightly better than before. However when I went for 3 days of weight lifting and that weekend (again) the illness felt much worse up to the point that I couldn't get off bed. Funny thing is despite all these my temperature has been from 36.7-37.4 so it might not be a virus.

Next I took a blood test and surprisingly everything was fine except my white blood cells were down. 3.5 to be exact. However, I was asked to do my test again the following and my white blood cells are back to normal (4.6). I told the doctor that I am still feeling a bit ill and that every morning that I wake up, I feel extreme nausea and sometimes commit on certain occasions but he just told me it was probably a virus and that there is nothing he can do. If I don't feel the nausea, then the headache happens which has to be the most annoying thing I have ever experienced because some times when I'm trying to do my coursework or revise, I can't concentrate and this is a Master's degree where you cannot afford to mess about.

I t would be nice if anyone has had these symptoms before and what you did to overcome them. I feel like no one can help me and that I'm alone on this. Doctor probably thinks I'm crazy but I ain't if I wasn't feeling ill I wouldn't be going to see him all the time.

Please help

I've had a constant headache for coming up to 7 weeks now. Also accompanied by nausea and vomiting sometimes. My doctor referred me for an MRI. When that didn't show anything, he referred me to a neurologist. Just waiting on the appointment now. Your doctor sounds like he isn't taking you seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've had a constant headache for coming up to 7 weeks now. Also accompanied by nausea and vomiting sometimes. My doctor referred me for an MRI. When that didn't show anything, he referred me to a neurologist. Just waiting on the appointment now. Your doctor sounds like he isn't taking you seriously.
    Hope you get better soon. Yeah I got annoyed with my doctor up to the point where I wanted to register with another one but that would take time. If these symptoms aren't gone by this week then I might have to book for a CT scan to check if I have actually got something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.