The Student Room Group

LPC :( unable to undertake after completing LLB. Comments and advice welcomed....

I have recently enrolled on the Open University LLB program to start in January.

However, a potential issue has arisen that I did not foresee.

Basically, I have been reading about the guaranteed Legal Practice Course placement offered after finishing the course with the OU, and the entry requirements for this, it appears I will not be able to take up an LPC as I have a criminal record.
This consists of 3 convictions and a caution between 1994 and 2007, one of which was dealt with by way of a 9 months suspended sentence (I had a mental breakdown resulting in an inappropriate attempt to resolve a conflict with my neighbor in 2007, which in turn meant I could not complete my BSc(Hons) Mental Health Nursing that I was reading at the time.).

What are your suggestions as to how I can use the LLB after completion, given that I cannot be a solicitor or a barrister? My career so far has been in care homes for the elderly, up to deputy manager level.
I am 41 years old if that has any bearing on the situation.

I'm ok with sharing my CRB (DBS) with anyone here who could advise me, particularly anyone who can advise on the LPC aspect.

Thanks in advance...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Having examined the options, I suppose I could read this course for the sake of intellectual stimulation and see where it takes me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending