Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK if you muck up a module on a subject, you can retake it right?

When you do a retake, do you have to completely throw away your old mark? In other words, if your retake is lower than the mark you got originally, you can't take the original one back. I think this is right, but I just wanna make sure.

Also, in your UCAS form, they put your AS grades. Well what if I did 1 module from A2 and 2 modules from AS (As in the case of maths, I did P1, S1 and P2)? I'm guessing they put your predicted grade, but I'm not totally sure again. Lastly, do they put individual percentage of each module for a particular subject, or put the overall percentage?

Thanks for any clarification.

ReputationRep:
    If you are retaking a subject you have dropped then you have to decline your AS quite fast and retake. If you are doing a retake of an AS module you are carrying on, then I think you are allowed to take the best of the two marks.

Also, P2 is not nessecarily A2 maths. Some colleges do it differently. And you get the overall UMS mark, that is like a percentage but modified for the year.

I think this is all right.

ReputationRep:
    ok...if u do lower in ur retake u keep your higher mark.
    your as grades only go on your ucas form if theyve been declared. ie, if u take 4subjects at as but only take 3 to ALevel, and your AS has been declared, then only that grade appears on your ucas form

(Original post by TheQueen1986)
    OK if you muck up a module on a subject, you can retake it right?

When you do a retake, do you have to completely throw away your old mark? In other words, if your retake is lower than the mark you got originally, you can't take the original one back. I think this is right, but I just wanna make sure.

Also, in your UCAS form, they put your AS grades. Well what if I did 1 module from A2 and 2 modules from AS (As in the case of maths, I did P1, S1 and P2)? I'm guessing they put your predicted grade, but I'm not totally sure again. Lastly, do they put individual percentage of each module for a particular subject, or put the overall percentage?

Thanks for any clarification.
    No, you get the higher of your last 2 marks for that module, so if you retake and your original was higher you can keep your original mark.

You don't HAVE to put your AS grades on. I didn't put mine on. We didn't cash any in until this Feb or so. As mik1a said P2 can be an AS module. I think they just put the grade not any UMS %s. However Cambridge ask you for individual UMS scores.

Rosie

ReputationRep:
    No...u Can Retake As Many Times As U Like (although U R Restricted To 4 Takes Really) And Ur Best Mark Out Of The Four Counts

ReputationRep:
    No, your best score is taken from your two most recent results.

ReputationRep:
    That makes me feel better, that you can choose between the two, if you were to continue to A2. Thanks for that.

However Cambridge ask you for individual UMS scores.

How about Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    the rules changed in january 2004
    you can now take a module as many times as you like and the highest score goes through. if you don't believe me...go and check on the boards' own sites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savvy10)
    No, your best score is taken from your two most recent results.
    It definately used to be that. But im not sure if its changed.

ReputationRep:
    How about Oxford?
    not explicitly..but there's room for an extra referee's comment which may include module marks, so mine gave the modules i got full UMS in.

That makes me feel better, that you can choose between the two, if you were to continue to A2. Thanks for that.

How about Oxford?
    dunno, don't think they do

rosie

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.