Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mobile phones are bad for teenagers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    Which is quite ironic, if you think.
    A communication device hindering our communication.
    Is that meant to happen?

ReputationRep:
    They've been a menace for the last 15 years. The group photo in a restaurant though is just taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    They're not bad for teenagers, they're not bad for anyone - as long as they use it responsibly. I know the majority of teenagers overuse them, yes, it's sad I must admit, but it's an issue that has to do with the parents. Too many parents blame it on technology, and don't even try to foster their kids properly. It's sad.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily inherently bad, there are a lot of apps for example which can help with studying and revision, it's just how the individual uses it which determines how good/bad it is.

ReputationRep:
    Teenagers are using them badly, if they didn't have phones then they would use cameras for all these annoying photos.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd agree. The emergence of the smartphone has allowed teenagers to consume, generate and share content that simply isn't appropiate for young developing minds.

ReputationRep:
    I agree
    It has made me antisocial :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm sure more teenagers get killed by mobile phones than are saved by use of them.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.