Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

It's my first post here so please be kind.

First I will introduce myself.
    My name is Michael, born in 1996 and I'm current student of Military Academy of Technology in Warsaw (Poland).
    It's one of the best technological Unis in Poland. My course is Aerospace and Astronautics Engineering. To tell the truth I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of this studies. :/ What I mean is that tutors really don't give a damn about students. Contact with them is really hard and on the lectures there is nothing else besides boring definitions that nobody will explain to you. Also it's a bit old-fashioned because we don't do any group works and etc. Thats why I want to change my school and go abroad. I was always dreaming to become a pilot. So whats why I came across with Bucks Uni: Transport with commercial pilot licence. And i would like to get some opinions from people who are studying there or have finished already. How do u find the course? Is it likely to become pilot after graduating and passing all licenses? What other jobs would I be likely to do after it? Do u think that it would be better for foreigner to do foundation year or go straight to the first year? Btw. I had good grades in highschool and uni as well (average of Bs) and IELTS 7,5. I would be grateful for any feedback.

Thank you all in advance for any responds.
    M.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm planning to take this course in september 2018. Have you joined them if so is it a good step to take?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by hyDRO420)
    Hey everyone,

It's my first post here so please be kind.

First I will introduce myself.
    My name is Michael, born in 1996 and I'm current student of Military Academy of Technology in Warsaw (Poland).
    It's one of the best technological Unis in Poland. My course is Aerospace and Astronautics Engineering. To tell the truth I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of this studies. :/ What I mean is that tutors really don't give a damn about students. Contact with them is really hard and on the lectures there is nothing else besides boring definitions that nobody will explain to you. Also it's a bit old-fashioned because we don't do any group works and etc. That's why I want to change my school and go abroad. I was always dreaming to become a pilot. So whats why I came across with Bucks Uni: Transport with commercial pilot licence. And i would like to get some opinions from people who are studying there or have finished already. How do u find the course? Is it likely to become pilot after graduating and passing all licenses? What other jobs would I be likely to do after it? Do u think that it would be better for foreigner to do foundation year or go straight to the first year? Btw. I had good grades in highschool and uni as well (average of Bs) and IELTS 7,5. I would be grateful for any feedback.

Thank you all in advance for any responds.
    M.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear that you're not currently enjoying your time at university in Poland.

Hopefully I can help you with some of your questions:

On successful completion of the course you will obtain a Commercial Pilots Licence with Instrument Rating, your 'Frozen ATPL'. Your licence will be 'frozen' until you've built up 1,500 as a pilot, and 500 hours of multi-crew experience - this will then 'unfreeze' your licence. It is usual for pilots employed as First Officers to have frozen ATPL's at the time of their first appointment.

Some of our graduates have gone on to become First Officers with a range of airlines, including British Airways, Ryanair, EasyJet, Cathay Pacific and Jet2.

Although completing the degree doesn't guarantee you a job at the and of the course, the business related modules that are part of the programme will be really beneficial for you when you are looking for employment, giving you enterprise and leadership skills that are transferable to any profession.

We'd have to have a look at your application and qualifications to determine whether you'd be able to come straight in to the degree course or have to take a foundation course first. It sounds like you've achieved good grades to far though! You are welcome to email our admissions team at [email protected] with a list of all your qualifications and grades - they may be able to advise you further.

I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions please do contact us!

Bucks New University

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.