Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon guys,

I am moving into accommodation at Exeter on the 9/10th January. and will be returning home from Australia (I am originally from Bath). Anyways, I was thinking about just getting The All Essentials pack from Clicktocampus. Do any of you guys have experience with these guys and this specific pack? Any help would be appreciated. Would it be cheaper to buy everything from an Ikea or something instead? I am running on a budget and haven't been to the UK since 2005!

http://www.click2campus.com/store/Essentials-Packs.html

Either the regular or the premium!

Thanks guys,

Gabriel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriel Barnett)
    Afternoon guys,

I am moving into accommodation at Exeter on the 9/10th January. and will be returning home from Australia (I am originally from Bath). Anyways, I was thinking about just getting The All Essentials pack from Clicktocampus. Do any of you guys have experience with these guys and this specific pack? Any help would be appreciated. Would it be cheaper to buy everything from an Ikea or something instead? I am running on a budget and haven't been to the UK since 2005!

Thanks guys,

Gabriel
    You can get all that stuff much cheaper, go to wilko for bedding and plates, cutlery and utensils. Cheapest there is.

For example the all essentials pack on there is £99
    For the same stuff in wilko/ asda you can get the pillows for £3 the duvet for £5. Bedding set approx £10-15 in most places. Tupperware set £4, cheese grater £1. Saucepan £3, frying pan £4, kitchen utensils £1 each. Plates in wilko you can buy individually for like £1-1.50 each or every year they do a 12 piece set for £5. Chopping board £1. Towels £5 each, face cloth 80p etc. You catch my drift.

Those things are basically a complete rip off.

When I first got to uni I got my plates and cutlery and bedding from wilko all for £12. Then went to asda and got everything else (much more than on that pack) including the first 2 weeks food shop for £90. Shop around online and see the best prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriel Barnett)
    Afternoon guys,

Thanks guys,

Gabriel
    With a deal like that, you're really paying a premium for the convenience. If you want everything ready for you and delivered in one go, then you might think it's worth paying the extra. It would take the stress out of arriving from overseas, which you might think is worth paying for. Although bear in mind that you may find that you don't actually need every single item in the bundles.

You can certainly buy everything more cheaply if you shop around and purchase individually. However, that would take you time in a new town or online, although most (if not all) of the basics can be bought in large supermarkets these days. Check out the websites of supermarkets for prices - Asda will deliver if you have a major one near you:
    http://direct.asda.com/george/home-g...fault,sc.html#

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.