Turn on thread page Beta

Found formatting mistake in CV - email HR? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've sent applications for summer internships (in S&T) in London to 4 bulge brackets and got rejected by 2. Somewhat surprised that I haven't got any interviews, as I have a quite strong CV, I suddenly notice today that my CV has a glaring formatting error. Basically, one section of the CV is in font 12, while the rest is in 11.5.My question is whether it would make sense to contact the HR department of the banks, who haven't rejected me and ask to update my CV?Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn't even have noticed. You think employers reject you for using a different font size? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamlet321)
    So I've sent applications for summer internships (in S&T) in London to 4 bulge brackets and got rejected by 2. Somewhat surprised that I haven't got any interviews, as I have a quite strong CV, I suddenly notice today that my CV has a glaring formatting error. Basically, one section of the CV is in font 12, while the rest is in 11.5.My question is whether it would make sense to contact the HR department of the banks, who haven't rejected me and ask to update my CV?Thanks!
    In all honesty I doubt people serious about their business will infer you're incapable, from making a formatting error of 0.5 pts size difference. It's not a glaring mistake.

TSR people will probably be happy to give feedback on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    @hellodave5 and @ubisoft.

Thank you for your consoling replies. Although I still believe that formatting errors are problematic in applications to investment banks, as banks put a lot of emphasize of attention to detail, you are probably right that it is less of an issue than I am making it out to be.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.