Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you kiss? watch

Announcements

This may sound really stupid but how?

e.g Should you suck the other persons lips? Should you have you mouth sightly open? Should your lips be wet or dry? Help!?

ReputationRep:
    Just don't think about it, do what feels natural. When you kiss someone, it comes quite naturally
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The first time may flop badly but after that you'll just know

ReputationRep:
    It's a practical rather than a theoretical skill. And with mutual enthusiasm it just seems to work.

ReputationRep:
    Kissing is one of those things that can't really be described. In the moment you will know what to do. If you feel it is about to happen soon then make sure your breath is fresh and your lips are moist.

ReputationRep:
    FRESH BREATH ! That's all you have to think about beforehand

I attack their face with a toilet plunger.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Just don't think about it, do what feels natural. When you kiss someone, it comes quite naturally
    It should. I personally hate people who kiss in that restless, contrived way, all tounges and too hard, like butting jaws, and no sensuality. It reminds me of awful first kisses as age 14. But some people are just like that, with sex as well. They find sensual and slow and more natural boring, god I could get really pompous here and say it even links to how genuine their personality and style of interaction is. I personally just like it to be natural, slow and lips savouring lips.

ReputationRep:
    Look for some help on youtube

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of ways you can kiss..I guess do whatever feels natural
    My favourite type of kiss (the one that feels best to me if the other person does it) is if they suck your bottom lip at the end of every kiss ever so slightly, that feels really good
    NOT TOO MUCH TONGUE - like zero if necessary
    Too much tongue its the worst thing you can do
    Just alternate between: no tongue and sucking their lips (very small amount, dont try and swallow their lips) and: a tiny tiny bit of tongue here and there
    But first just do normal kisses no tongue or sucking and build up later one with the other stuff I said, that makes a good kiss if there's a variation and build up)
    Hope his helps, but like I said, it's up to you what feels most natural, it really isn't difficult
    But if it's your first kiss you'll get nervous and most likely flop it completely, but that happens to everyone
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Like a hoover, hoping to suck the soul of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heffalump .)
    There's lots of ways you can kiss..I guess do whatever feels natural
    My favourite type of kiss (the one that feels best to me if the other person does it) is if they suck your bottom lip at the end of every kiss ever so slightly, that feels really good
    NOT TOO MUCH TONGUE - like zero if necessary
    Too much tongue its the worst thing you can do
    Just alternate between: no tongue and sucking their lips (very small amount, dont try and swallow their lips) and: a tiny tiny bit of tongue here and there
    But first just do normal kisses no tongue or sucking and build up later one with the other stuff I said, that makes a good kiss if there's a variation and build up)
    Hope his helps, but like I said, it's up to you what feels most natural, it really isn't difficult
    But if it's your first kiss you'll get nervous and most likely flop it completely, but that happens to everyone

Zero tongue?? U dont like french kisses? Ive never heard of anyone like that

ReputationRep:
    Look them in the eyes, lean in and then bite down on their bottom lip.

If they squeal, you're doing it right.

Hold eye contact the whole time.

ReputationRep:
    The description of how to do it on Wikihow which I read a couple of years ago seems pretty decent, I haven't actually had the chance to try it out yet though... Don't swirl your tongue around madly, like a windmill though, even I know that

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know, never had a chance to properly do it, despite being 20

ReputationRep:
    With your head inclined to the right, begin to tilt your upper body towards the other person, closing your eyes* and parting your lips slightly as you do so. Next, applying just enough suction to form a seal between your mouth and theirs, slowly draw your lips together, increasing the pressure until the point of release; this creates a natural progression which can help to define the romantic 'tempo' for both parties. Thereafter, you might also keep your mouth open and probe delicately with your tongue (à la mode française), or—this being my signature move—playfully catch their lower lip with your upper front-teeth whilst gently pulling away; although the latter is very much a dominant style and therefore best avoided until you've confidence enough to take the lead. Otherwise, repeat as desired or until one of you passes out from dehydration.

Godspeed, young leveret, and may the odds of intimacy be ever in your favour.

*You can hold each other's gaze if you prefer, but bear in mind that some may find the added intensity unnerving, especially at the outset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This may sound really stupid but how?

e.g Should you suck the other persons lips? Should you have you mouth sightly open? Should your lips be wet or dry? Help!?
    Lick the inside of their mouth loads. Clean their teeth like they are going to the dentist. I'd like that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Like a hoover, hoping to suck the soul of them.
    literally could not have said it better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    one hand behind the head and the other on his ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    You made it sound so creepy. I couldn't read past the first half of the first sentence.
    It's a hypothetical narrative wherein an intimate activity, one most people will accomplish instinctively without the need for 'professional guidance', is deliberately reduced to a series of rudimentary instructions: of course it sounds "creepy".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.