Turn on thread page Beta

Will it make much of a difference if I do 3 AS Levels instead of 4? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying AS Creative Writing, Law, History and Art.
    However, I currently want to drop Art this year because the majority of students who chose Art this year have done it alongside subjects like Textiles and Photography. That way, those students can have cross-over lessons and have more time to complete their work. It's a good subject but I honestly think it's too stressful. :sadnod: Like, we have to: complete 3 quality drawings a week, spend 9 hours on the pieces we create in class (I have 5 hours of Art lessons a week, so an extra 4 hours of my own time), and stuff like that. I think it is too much for me. :sad: I keep spending too much time on my Art work instead of preparing for assignments in History or Law.
    This is why I was thinking I want to drop Art before I get into the actual assignments... :sigh: It's too much work for me and I can't handle it. So I was speaking to my friend and she said most Universities won't accept me if I do 3 AS Levels...
    I was thinking about Universities like Coventry Uni.. What shall I do? I'm worried that I'll get grades like D D D U instead of my target grades B B B . Am I overreacting??
    Thank you !! :s-smilie:

ReputationRep:
    No. Only the top unis ask for 4AS.

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as your other subjects will give you the required ucas points then you will be fine.

The only thing you might want to think about is that if one of your main three doesnt give you quite the grades you had hoped it can be useful to have a back up AS even if it only gives you a small amount of points just to push you up to the points requirement you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amourpink)
    I'm currently studying AS Creative Writing, Law, History and Art.
    However, I currently want to drop Art this year because the majority of students who chose Art this year have done it alongside subjects like Textiles and Photography. That way, those students can have cross-over lessons and have more time to complete their work. It's a good subject but I honestly think it's too stressful. :sadnod: Like, we have to: complete 3 quality drawings a week, spend 9 hours on the pieces we create in class (I have 5 hours of Art lessons a week, so an extra 4 hours of my own time), and stuff like that. I think it is too much for me. :sad: I keep spending too much time on my Art work instead of preparing for assignments in History or Law.
    This is why I was thinking I want to drop Art before I get into the actual assignments... :sigh: It's too much work for me and I can't handle it. So I was speaking to my friend and she said most Universities won't accept me if I do 3 AS Levels...
    I was thinking about Universities like Coventry Uni.. What shall I do? I'm worried that I'll get grades like D D D U instead of my target grades B B B . Am I overreacting??
    Thank you !! :s-smilie:
    AS grades are not even looked at by most top unis so don't worry. Dropping one will also mean that you can spend enough time on all the rest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.