Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is a soul ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you have ever seen a dead body of a person you knew, but if you have - you will see that it just an empty carcase of meat and tissue, the essence or soul of that person has left.

Now I know some people say a soul is just energy, but if that's the case, then surely everyone would be exactly the same, as its just energy - which I find hard to believe, people are all different, unique, so what is a soul ?

ReputationRep:
    A religious perspective is that the soul is the part of a person made in the image of God (I did GCSE RS). However, my belief is that the soul (if it does exist) is your personality and mannerisms that make you unique.

ReputationRep:
    here is another perspective/explanation.
    http://www.catholic.com/encyclopedia/soul
    There is a lot there and at the bottom of the page are some other links that branch out to other topics that deal with the soul or where the soul is involved in some way. pretty interesting I think.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.