Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am starting an education, inclusion and special needs degree in 2016 and I am really looking forward to it. I have been working as a carer and teaching assistant for people with learning disabilities and autism for a few years now and through observing teachers I have realised I want to be a teacher for students with special needs. I am not sure what age I want to teach but hopefully the degree and placements will help me figure it out. I will be 26 when I complete my degree and I would really like to do schools direct once I complete it.
    I was wondering if it is possible to do a schools direct placement in a special needs or autism school? That would be ideal for me and I would go to any part of the UK.

Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesymeat)
    Hi
    I am starting an education, inclusion and special needs degree in 2016 and I am really looking forward to it. I have been working as a carer and teaching assistant for people with learning disabilities and autism for a few years now and through observing teachers I have realised I want to be a teacher for students with special needs. I am not sure what age I want to teach but hopefully the degree and placements will help me figure it out. I will be 26 when I complete my degree and I would really like to do schools direct once I complete it.
    I was wondering if it is possible to do a schools direct placement in a special needs or autism school? That would be ideal for me and I would go to any part of the UK.

Thanks for your help.
    Yes, it is. I did school direct with a PGCE from Northumbria uni and we had members of our cohort who were placed in special schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Yes, it is. I did school direct with a PGCE from Northumbria uni and we had members of our cohort who were placed in special schools.
    Thanks for letting me know. Northumbria is pretty close to me so it would be ideal too!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.