Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I strongly agree that it is important that one shows random acts of kindness without the intention of receiving a thanking for their actions. We do not know of what is going on in other people's lives or the struggles they are facing. By showing kindness, you may make their day. If you are struggling, then don't hesitate to be kind to others. I have learnt that by helping others, I have helped myself. I am happy when acknowledging the happiness of others. I hope that you can feel the same way about showing others you care about them, and maybe even making their day.

This thread is mainly dedicated to raising the awareness of World Kindness Day this coming Friday 13th November. Please feel free to post the ways that you hope to show kindness to others, any extra information you have about this date, and any quotes or messages to make others happy.

It's also Children in Need Day so feel free to post anything about that too.

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Children in Need is a cause that's certainly very close to my heart. I'd encourage people to give as generously as they can. Those kids deserve it! :yep:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1447115936.782336.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  13.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Children in Need is a cause that's certainly very close to my heart. I'd encourage people to give as generously as they can. Those kids deserve it! :yep:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1447115936.782336.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  13.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM - I definitely agree with you. Thanks for the great quote and message. You're amazing!

ReputationRep:
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

World kindness day is a great idea!! I try and do a good deed most days, it's really fun! &children in need is a great charity ~ definitely donating and I want to do some fundraising too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

World kindness day is a great idea!! I try and do a good deed most days, it's really fun! &children in need is a great charity ~ definitely donating and I want to do some fundraising too
    PRSOM - Your really are a fantastic person too. I absolutely love that quote. I know! When I first found out about it I though it was such a great thing to have. Same, I'm glad you also enjoy good deeds.
    It's great to hear what you'll be doing for Children in Need. You are amazing.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    ****! Did I miss Children in Need????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    ****! Did I miss Children in Need????
    No, don't worry. It's this Friday. That's so soon, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a blog about this topic recently.

Acts of kindness
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    No, don't worry. It's this Friday. That's so soon, isn't it?
    Phew, yeah it's coming up quick - luckily they don't want me on TV this year

ReputationRep:
    Phew, yeah it's coming up quick - luckily they don't want me on TV this year
    Haha, yeah it must be great to watch it live instead of recording it. Quick question: what's Pudsey like haha?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Haha, yeah it must be great to watch it live instead of recording it. Quick question: what's Pudsey like haha?
    Oh, don't worry - I've never had to record the show; it's just one year they did an interview with me to go in one of those video clips promoting a charity

ReputationRep:
    Oh, don't worry - I've never had to record the show; it's just one year they did an interview with me to go in one of those video clips promoting a charity
    Ooh, that must have been a great experience. And I bet you felt so happy about being able to help promote the charity.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Ooh, that must have been a great experience. And I bet you felt so happy about being able to help promote the charity.
    I was 11 - it was terrifying!!

ReputationRep:
    I was 11 - it was terrifying!!
    Aw, yeah. But I bet you were really proud once you'd done it.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Aw, yeah. But I bet you were really proud once you'd done it.
    Not particularly - more relieved it was over

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM - Your really are a fantastic person too. I absolutely love that quote. I know! When I first found out about it I though it was such a great thing to have. Same, I'm glad you also enjoy good deeds.
    It's great to hear what you'll be doing for Children in Need. You are amazing.
    Idk what to do, I'm seeing my little mentees so ill bring in some biscuits for them, and probably just donate I want to do a pyjama day (my mum is) but nobody else wants to haha

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly - more relieved it was over
    Haha, but I bet you're proud of it now. Not many people get that kind of opportunity.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Haha, but I bet you're proud of it now. Not many people get that kind of opportunity.
    Honestly, I'm not particularly fussed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    Idk what to do, I'm seeing my little mentees so ill bring in some biscuits for them, and probably just donate I want to do a pyjama day (my mum is) but nobody else wants to haha
    Aw, that sounds nice. That would be a bit awkward if you're the only one but as long as you raise money then I guess it's worth it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.