Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

please please PLEASE help me watch

Announcements

I don't know what to do. I am feeling very mentally exhausted - so much so that I am physically unwell. Like I am constantly lethargic and cannot do anything. I have been very unproductive - I'm doing my A2s this year and time is very precious but I can barely drag myself to school and back - and when I'm at home I'm mostly sleeping. Sometimes I don't even have energy to eat so I just sleep and end up living on lunch only for like 3 days before I realise that I need to have dinner because I am starving. I can't sleep at night and can't wake up in the morning.

This has been happening since the beginning of July - my summer was the worst, I didn't get a break from my AS levels (which exhausted me - waking up at 2am to revise and messing up all my sleep cycles everyday just to get the BBCC i got and got beaten up for because it's not AAAA) because of all the family drama and police reports and abuse and self harm and responsibility I had to put up with all summer and into the school term when things finally... well 'settled down' i guess.

Since then I've tried to get my **** back together and get on with it but I just can't. Even through half-term I tried to take some time to recover but it hasn't worked and I'm so ****ing tired. Because of all of this my attendance has dropped and I'm literally always late and I hate it but I just can't fix it. I've started being better and going to every lesson but the school is still on my case threatening to kick me out. I just need a break but I can't get one.

Point is - how do I get my **** together? What should I do? I've thought about just taking a week off school but I don't want to get kicked out. Someone point me in a direction please PLEASE I can't carry on like this I'M GOING TO FAIL.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know what to do. I am feeling very mentally exhausted - so much so that I am physically unwell. Like I am constantly lethargic and cannot do anything. I have been very unproductive - I'm doing my A2s this year and time is very precious but I can barely drag myself to school and back - and when I'm at home I'm mostly sleeping. Sometimes I don't even have energy to eat so I just sleep and end up living on lunch only for like 3 days before I realise that I need to have dinner because I am starving. I can't sleep at night and can't wake up in the morning.

This has been happening since the beginning of July - my summer was the worst, I didn't get a break from my AS levels (which exhausted me - waking up at 2am to revise and messing up all my sleep cycles everyday just to get the BBCC i got and got beaten up for because it's not AAAA) because of all the family drama and police reports and abuse and self harm and responsibility I had to put up with all summer and into the school term when things finally... well 'settled down' i guess.

Since then I've tried to get my **** back together and get on with it but I just can't. Even through half-term I tried to take some time to recover but it hasn't worked and I'm so ****ing tired. Because of all of this my attendance has dropped and I'm literally always late and I hate it but I just can't fix it. I've started being better and going to every lesson but the school is still on my case threatening to kick me out. I just need a break but I can't get one.

Point is - how do I get my **** together? What should I do? I've thought about just taking a week off school but I don't want to get kicked out. Someone point me in a direction please PLEASE I can't carry on like this I'M GOING TO FAIL.
    With regard to the tiredness, it could be an iron deficiency. I strongly suggest you see your GP to get to the bottom of this. It's somewhat unfortunate that the A Level reforms are kicking in now because it means that you won't be able to defer sitting your A2s if it's a long-term problem; you'd have to start over and do the new A Levels if you did that.

Anyhow, I hope you get well. See your GP, get some sleep, don't take any more time off school unless your GP recommends it and is willing to provide a note. And don't stress about your grades, it's always possible to pull them up with a few resits alongside your A2s, presuming you work hard for them.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

I'd recommend talking to a friend and staying at their house for a while - if your family are abusing you, you're not gonna start feeling much better. Start eating properly, and the sleep cycle should automatically improve. As for the work - are you up to date with the course, do you understand it? If both of those are answered with a "yeah", it means you can relax on that front - your AS grades are good.

If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open.

ReputationRep:
    Start eating, there is a reason you're tired all the time. If you can't physically eat i suggest purchasing mass gainer powder which has 1000 calories per serving.

About exams: stressing is a sure fire way to fail. Make a schedule, take notes and do past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I felt the completely same last year doing my highers. I'm so sorry to hear how your feeling, the only thing making me go to school last year was to get my EMA. I don't know what year you are in, but I'm in my last year now and I really don't care about any of my subjects I feel like I'm wasting my time. I'm taking a gap year next year to get away from here I'm so ****ing done with education I need a break

(Original post by Hydeman)
    With regard to the tiredness, it could be an iron deficiency. I strongly suggest you see your GP to get to the bottom of this. It's somewhat unfortunate that the A Level reforms are kicking in now because it means that you won't be able to defer sitting your A2s if it's a long-term problem; you'd have to start over and do the new A Levels if you did that.

Anyhow, I hope you get well. See your GP, get some sleep, don't take any more time off school unless your GP recommends it and is willing to provide a note. And don't stress about your grades, it's always possible to pull them up with a few resits alongside your A2s, presuming you work hard for them.
    Yeah I've got a blood test for that next week so I'll see how that turns out. It does suck that I'm the last year stuck in the middle of the reforms but hey... that's the way it is. Thank you for the advice, I'll try

(Original post by Andy98)
    I'd recommend talking to a friend and staying at their house for a while - if your family are abusing you, you're not gonna start feeling much better. Start eating properly, and the sleep cycle should automatically improve. As for the work - are you up to date with the course, do you understand it? If both of those are answered with a "yeah", it means you can relax on that front - your AS grades are good.

If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open.
    God help me if I stayed at a friend's house, my brother once went to his friend's for an afternoon and the belt was waiting for him when he got home. I just can't get away - they're such close-minded abusive people and I'm stuck because I'm too scared to say anything because... well... i value my life. I do try to stay away in my room for the most part and i'll try to eat properly. I do understand the work and am getting Bs and above in the class tests so far but I haven't been doing much revision... well definitely not the average 25 hours a week i'm supposed to be doing. Thank you very much :')

ReputationRep:

please please please PM me, I was in exactly the same position as you

(Original post by ubisoft)
    Start eating, there is a reason you're tired all the time. If you can't physically eat i suggest purchasing mass gainer powder which has 1000 calories per serving.

About exams: stressing is a sure fire way to fail. Make a schedule, take notes and do past papers.
    Okay I'll try to eat more... it's not that I don't want to eat it's just i don't have energy and feel so sick all the time. Thank you for the advice

(Original post by rhiannonm25)
    Wow. I felt the completely same last year doing my highers. I'm so sorry to hear how your feeling, the only thing making me go to school last year was to get my EMA. I don't know what year you are in, but I'm in my last year now and I really don't care about any of my subjects I feel like I'm wasting my time. I'm taking a gap year next year to get away from here I'm so ****ing done with education I need a break
    I am in year 13 yeah - last year and taking a gap year next year to sort my life out. What's an EMA? Hmm i really need to do well this year so i can't really slack

(Original post by yasaminO_o)
    please please please PM me, I was in exactly the same position as you
    but... i don't know i think... i'd rather be anonymous for now I'm sorry but thank you i'll PM you if i don't get better
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    God help me if I stayed at a friend's house, my brother once went to his friend's for an afternoon and the belt was waiting for him when he got home. I just can't get away - they're such close-minded abusive people and I'm stuck because I'm too scared to say anything because... well... i value my life. I do try to stay away in my room for the most part and i'll try to eat properly. I do understand the work and am getting Bs and above in the class tests so far but I haven't been doing much revision... well definitely not the average 25 hours a week i'm supposed to be doing. Thank you very much :'
    If it was me, I'd stay at a friend's and not go back; or report the culprit to the police. As for the 25 hours - don't worry; I'm in your year, I think I'm averaging about 5 hours revision a week

But please talk to someone. I can't stand abusive parents. They make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chronic...roduction.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'll try to eat more... it's not that I don't want to eat it's just i don't have energy and feel so sick all the time. Thank you for the advice

I am in year 13 yeah - last year and taking a gap year next year to sort my life out. What's an EMA? Hmm i really need to do well this year so i can't really slack
    Well.. In Scotland you get paid to go to school after you turn 16 you have to have a good attendance though so I had to physically force myself out of bed most days. Trust me you will get though this. Keep your head down and soldier on. This year will be over before you know it and next year you will be free!

ReputationRep:

I agree - you definitely should start eating more, but I would recommend having vegetable soup, as I think you need more nutrients. Btw my brother was in that position a little while ago, but now he's totally fine, and I think that what did it was going on the Paleo diet - it's difficult, especially when friends are eating stuff that you can't touch, but it's v effective, and is scientifically proven to be a great solution to that and many other problems.
    Check out: http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v...jcn20094a.html
    (for the evidence)
    And:
    http://thepaleodiet.com/what-to-eat-.../#.Vj92ODhOfmI
    (For the info)
    It's only a little recommendation from me, but whatever you do end up doing, I hope you get better and achieve the grades you want

ReputationRep:
    What's your weight and hieght? I think you're completely starved; that's why you are sleeping and the time and doing badly at school. 3 days without food is crazy.

If it was me, I'd stay at a friend's and not go back; or report the culprit to the police. As for the 25 hours - don't worry; I'm in your year, I think I'm averaging about 5 hours revision a week

But please talk to someone. I can't stand abusive parents. They make me sick.
    Makes me feel better to know i'm not the only one not doing crazy hours of revision, thanks

My brother did that too... the police and social services got involved obviously and I was forced to lie to them and tell them that everything's fine and no abuse has ever happened. He almost got away but I was the one to stop him... because I'm such a useless, cowardly piece of ****. :banghead: A cheating, abusive father, an abused mother, crazy abusive relatives, and an entire generation of younger kids (my siblings, my cousins) and I couldn't stand up for them... We all talk about how we want to get away but I just know it won't end well - I'd end up like my brother. I'd lose everything I worked for for 17 years I know I sound selfish but

I just can't do it... i just can't I'm sorry :cry2:

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chronic...roduction.aspx
    I don't know the symptoms are very vague... guess only a doctor can tell

(Original post by rhiannonm25)
    Well.. In Scotland you get paid to go to school after you turn 16 you have to have a good attendance though so I had to physically force myself out of bed most days. Trust me you will get though this. Keep your head down and soldier on. This year will be over before you know it and next year you will be free!
    That's pretty cool tbh. I'll try thank you

(Original post by Treblebee)
    I agree - you definitely should start eating more, but I would recommend having vegetable soup, as I think you need more nutrients. Btw my brother was in that position a little while ago, but now he's totally fine, and I think that what did it was going on the Paleo diet - it's difficult, especially when friends are eating stuff that you can't touch, but it's v effective, and is scientifically proven to be a great solution to that and many other problems.
    Check out: http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v...jcn20094a.html
    (for the evidence)
    And:
    http://thepaleodiet.com/what-to-eat-.../#.Vj92ODhOfmI
    (For the info)
    It's only a little recommendation from me, but whatever you do end up doing, I hope you get better and achieve the grades you want
    Thanks i'll look into it! And thank you

What's your weight and hieght? I think you're completely starved; that's why you are sleeping and the time and doing badly at school. 3 days without food is crazy.
    Well you see i'd starve for like 3 days but then I'd binge so my weight is normal and i'm not underweight... i weighed myself at the GP the other day and i currently weigh 57kg and am 165 cm tall so that's not the issue...

(Original post by neverbeejail)
    who gives a ****. honestly. i didnt read it but who gives a ****
    I honestly don't know my friend...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Makes me feel better to know i'm not the only one not doing crazy hours of revision, thanks

My brother did that too... the police and social services got involved obviously and I was forced to lie to them and tell them that everything's fine and no abuse has ever happened. He almost got away but I was the one to stop him... because I'm such a useless, cowardly piece of ****. :banghead: A cheating, abusive father, an abused mother, crazy abusive relatives, and an entire generation of younger kids (my siblings, my cousins) and I couldn't stand up for them... We all talk about how we want to get away but I just know it won't end well - I'd end up like my brother. I'd lose everything I worked for for 17 years I know I sound selfish but

I just can't do it... i just can't I'm sorry :cry2:
    Listen to me; my auntie currently works in social services, and my grandmother did until she retired. Do you remember which judge/police officers worked your case, and do you have a way to contact them? If so, PLEASE find somewhere private and tell them everything you've just told me. They will do everything they can to help you; your father will be out the way somewhere and they will keep it quiet until he is in handcuffs.

There are two options really: do what I said, or get your diet in check and join a fight club so you can kick your dad's ass. I would do both. Sitting there and taking his **** until one of you dies (it happens) is not an option.

Listen to me; my auntie currently works in social services, and my grandmother did until she retired. Do you remember which judge/police officers worked your case, and do you have a way to contact them? If so, PLEASE find somewhere private and tell them everything you've just told me. They will do everything they can to help you; your father will be out the way somewhere and they will keep it quiet until he is in handcuffs.

There are two options really: do what I said, or get your diet in check and join a fight club so you can kick your dad's ass. I would do both. Sitting there and taking his **** until one of you dies (it happens) is not an option.
    I remember the guy from social services who worked with my Dad and he was one of the guys that interviewed us and I think we have his number somewhere but I just ... I don't know if I can. Like I said he worked closely with my Dad and he'd probably ring him up and be like "your daughter said this is it true?". My dad'll know he'll come after me when he gets out or he'll talk his way out and I just know they'll side with him. He'll manipulate my siblings to say nothing happened just like last time and then I'll get into the most **** I've ever been in - I'd destroy my family... or rather they'd destroy me. I would actually be dead by the end of it.
    He's manipulative and he always gets out of this kind of stuff because he intimidates everyone and everyone will do as he says. He also says I'm his life and that if I did what my brother did he would've killed himself. He always tells me he loves me more than my brothers or sisters and always says I'm special to him and that I'm his only hope. He's also said in the past that he is not afraid to kill if we go against him- and he'll happily spend the time in jail. I don't wanna risk it.

I think I'd go for the second option. I'm almost there anyway - I'm almost at uni and that's my great escape. I'm almost free - and i'll take my abused brother with me. We'll find a way to do something for my mum and the kids (they do taekwondo) then but right now I really really cannot do anything... I know i seem like such a failure and i'm really sorry but it's just not possible, it won't end well
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I remember the guy from social services who worked with my Dad and he was one of the guys that interviewed us and I think we have his number somewhere but I just ... I don't know if I can. Like I said he worked closely with my Dad and he'd probably ring him up and be like "your daughter said this is it true?". My dad'll know he'll come after me when he gets out or he'll talk his way out and I just know they'll side with him. He'll manipulate my siblings to say nothing happened just like last time and then I'll get into the most **** I've ever been in - I'd destroy my family... or rather they'd destroy me. I would actually be dead by the end of it.
    He's manipulative and he always gets out of this kind of stuff because he intimidates everyone and everyone will do as he says. He also says I'm his life and that if I did what my brother did he would've killed himself. He always tells me he loves me more than my brothers or sisters and always says I'm special to him and that I'm his only hope. He's also said in the past that he is not afraid to kill if we go against him- and he'll happily spend the time in jail. I don't wanna risk it.

I think I'd go for the second option. I'm almost there anyway - I'm almost at uni and that's my great escape. I'm almost free - and i'll take my abused brother with me. We'll find a way to do something for my mum and the kids (they do taekwondo) then but right now I really really cannot do anything... I know i seem like such a failure and i'm really sorry but it's just not possible, it won't end well
    Right.....Out of curiosity, which uni are you looking at?

EDIT: Forgot to include:

YOU'RE NOT AN IDIOT!! You're just a normal guy with a ****head for a dad, and you're scared of making things worse; which is understandable.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely see your gp.

I really resent the mindless difficulty and upset that can come with the A2 year in particular.

It had a negative influence on me and I say that ten years later.

You must must must see your gp.

Wishing you well.

Edited to add: I can relate to the pressure of wanting to get certain grades as a golden ticket to move away. In this regard, please know that there is a uni out there that will take you and as long as you choose a subject that is right for you, you can get that ticket to move away. So yeah, see your gp for what you need temporarily, try your best with your A levels and apply to a range of unis. I would also strongly recommend your uni counselling service once there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.