Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer to sit numeracy and literacy tests at DMU on Thursday. Does anyone know any websites I can look at to practise them please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellyMarieNoble)
    I have an offer to sit numeracy and literacy tests at DMU on Thursday. Does anyone know any websites I can look at to practise them please?
    Hey, how was your test? Did you manage to find any websites? I have a numeracy and literacy test on the 16th of February....sooooo nervous what were the questions like? any tips at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fana21)
    Hey, how was your test? Did you manage to find any websites? I have a numeracy and literacy test on the 16th of February....sooooo nervous what were the questions like? any tips at all?
    I had mine in jan. They're not difficult. It's a booklet with simple number and word application then near the end they start to get a bit more tricky. But don't worry. Just know your basic maths. Charts etc x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawebb)
    I had mine in jan. They're not difficult. It's a booklet with simple number and word application then near the end they start to get a bit more tricky. But don't worry. Just know your basic maths. Charts etc x
    Hey, my test was yesterday, i accidentally typed 16 instead of 11 😬 and omg the test! I had already printed it off the internet and practised the two booklets and marked them with an answer sheet so i basically just had to do that again at De Montfort. So it was basically really easy! Thanks for your advise x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my test was yesterday, i accidentally typed 16 instead of 11 😬 and omg the test! I had already printed it off the internet and practised the two booklets and marked them with an answer sheet so i basically just had to do that again at De Montfort. So it was basically really easy! Thanks for your advise x
    Oh god I didn't even know you could do that haha I wasn't the prepared. Do you think you done well then? I'm on hold with them at the minute for a child nursing place. I done my tests and interview on the same day because I came from Ireland x

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I didn't even know you could do that haha I wasn't the prepared. Do you think you done well then? I'm on hold with them at the minute for a child nursing place. I done my tests and interview on the same day because I came from Ireland x
    I believe I've done pretty well on the English booklet because looking back at the answers i think ive just got 1 wrong. And on the Maths one ive had a few (i think 4/5 wrong) 😬 fingers crossed. Hopefully i pass and get called for an interview. How was your interview? What did they ask you? And did you likr the university?

ReputationRep:
    Hi omg, what website did you look at? My test is on thrusday and I'm ******** myself

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for child bursing in sept for DMU

ReputationRep:
    Congrats what was the maths and English like? What do I need to revise

ReputationRep:
    I believe I've done pretty well on the English booklet because looking back at the answers i think ive just got 1 wrong. And on the Maths one ive had a few (i think 4/5 wrong) 😬 fingers crossed. Hopefully i pass and get called for an interview. How was your interview? What did they ask you? And did you likr the university?

Please please can you share the website , sharing is caring😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielleat)
    Please please can you share the website , sharing is caring😭😭😭
    Omg have you don't any revisions? If so what have u revised? And if u got a test when ur test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zionlove)
    Omg have you don't any revisions? If so what have u revised? And if u got a test when ur test?
    ive been using other university numeracy questions , have you been revising ?

ReputationRep:
    ive been using other university numeracy questions , have you been revising ?
    Yeah that's what I've been doing.. Because I can't find any directly from the uni.. Good luck on your test tho

ReputationRep:
    Its not like any other uni I've been to in regards to testing. It is 2 blooklets one maths, one english. The maths is basic maths. Know your +×÷-/ percentages/ conversions/ graphs etc.
    Then the English is knowing your grammar. Know where full stops/ commas etc should be. Both booklets have a variety of things in them but it doesn't go above gcse level.

ReputationRep:
    Its not like any other uni I've been to in regards to testing. It is 2 blooklets one maths, one english. The maths is basic maths. Know your +×÷-/ percentages/ conversions/ graphs etc.
    Then the English is knowing your grammar. Know where full stops/ commas etc should be. Both booklets have a variety of things in them but it doesn't go above gcse level.
    Do you no what percentage you need to pass the tests x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicky19813)
    Do you no what percentage you need to pass the tests x x
    I think its 19/25 for mAths n English

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, i thought the test had about 30 questions, I was fine with the english but ran out of time with the maths so think i may have flopped it x x

ReputationRep:
    Have you had your interview x x
    I think its 19/25 for mAths n English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicky19813)
    Have you had your interview x x
    Coming up soon
    How about you ?

ReputationRep:
    Coming up soon
    How about you ?
    If i pass the test only did it yesterday, im so guttered i ran out of time

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.