The Student Room Group

hi guys i need urgent help with my mechanics hw. can someone help me plzzz?

An engineer's square is in the shape of two uniform rectangular pieces of metal joined as shown in the diagram. The mass of BCDE is 3 times the mass of ABFG.By Modeling each rectangle as a uniform lamina calculate the distance of the center of mass of the square (a) from AC (b) From CD The square is placed on a peg at F. By modelling the square as a lamina freely suspended from F, calculate the angle between FE and the vertical when the square hangs in equilibrium.State two assumptions you have made when using this model to calculate the angle. AB = 20cm AG = 5cm CD = 15cm ED = 4cm
Original post by Val23
An engineer's square is in the shape of two uniform rectangular pieces of metal joined as shown in the diagram. The mass of BCDE is 3 times the mass of ABFG.By Modeling each rectangle as a uniform lamina calculate the distance of the center of mass of the square (a) from AC (b) From CD The square is placed on a peg at F. By modelling the square as a lamina freely suspended from F, calculate the angle between FE and the vertical when the square hangs in equilibrium.State two assumptions you have made when using this model to calculate the angle. AB = 20cm AG = 5cm CD = 15cm ED = 4cm

Where's the diagram?

Quick Reply

Latest